Mid weight gloves

J.flanagan

Lil-Rokslider
I have some merino fingerless gloves I use for mild conditions and some FL Alpine gloves for when it gets really chilly. However, I'm looking for some recommendations on a more mid range glove that's has some wind and water resistance but still a decent amount of dexterity. Any recommendations?

TheHammer

WKR
Sounds like the add description for the sitka mountain glove… that’s the glove I use, I like it, have a handful of hunts with them and plenty of Wisconsin whitetail stand sets with them. Still look new.

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
I know its gonna be out there but...Dachstein Woolwear 3 PLY Arktis Cuffed Gloves

HUNTMO-06

FNG
The Sitka Fanatic glove has been my goto glove for when the temps drop. Exposed index fingertip and thumb, great dexterity. Might not be as weather repellant as what you’re looking for. I haven’t tried them in the rain yet.

hydro4570

FNG
Kuiu guide gloves are always in my pack but most often soft elk leather with light wool liners are on my hands with a spare pair of liners tucked into an inside pocket, nice and warm if I need them.

Bdeboer29

FNG
I think an often over looked option outside of the hunting industry is Mechanix gloves. I use the originals with a Velcro cuff for everything above freezing temps. They come in tans and multicam and they even have insulated versions. I have found them to be pretty durable and the price point is better than the big hunting brands.

i know a lot of people do not like them but a small hand muffle does a great job keeping my hands warm from mid temp to cold, 20 degree. i using put my glove in my jacket and use the muffle when sitting in a stand

Olbadae

Lil-Rokslider
I used the sitka mountain gloves this year in Colorado 1st rifle. They were good in the cold mornings but not so warm that I had to take them off during the day. I was actually impressed with them. I recommend them for a mid warmth glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
Whether I like a glove or not is based a lot on how they fit my hands. I guess I have a glove problem cause I have way more gloves for different situations than I really need. I'm always searching for the perfect glove. My favorite mid weight glove of all time is discontinued (Kryptek Norlander). I do like the waterproof Orvis gloves mentioned above for their quality. They aren't super warm but maintain a pretty good amount of dexterity for a waterproof glove. They don't fit my hands as well as some of the other options I have so I don't tend to use them as much. One that might be worth a look based on your needs is the Skre Deadfall glove. For the most part I've gone away from soft shell gloves but I've tried some from First Lite, Skre, Black Ovis, and a few others and the Skre Deadfall are hands down my favorite of the bunch. I haven't tried the Sitka or Kuiu gloves mentioned here so I don't know how they compare. I've tried several pairs of Sitka gloves on at Sportsman's Warehouse and never found one to fit my hands right so I've stayed away from them even though I know they make quality gear. Again, personal fit makes a big difference in gloves.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been using the SKRE deadfall gloves for a few years.
is where I made a quick review

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

croben

Lil-Rokslider
I wore Kuiu’s Guide X gloves this last season as a mid/colder weather glove and was extremely happy. They have a leather palm and are great for picking up and carrying things. They’re fleece lined, windproof, and highly water resistant. I was comfortable wearing these from 30’s down to higher single digits.

My dad and I deer hunted late rifle. Our last day was f’n cold with a high of zero degrees. I wore these hiking in during the morning. My hands got cold, but I still had good dexterity and could do what I needed to do. I did switch out to a liner and mitten with a hand warmer when we sat to glass because it was so cold.

Overall, super happy with them and no complaints.