$$$ Mid range skull boil kit?

180ls1

WKR
I am looking at a skull boiling kit and it seems like there are only two options. 1 is $450 (very nice, Bridger) and the other options are DIY parts and pieces. Is there anything in between as I would like something a little more "put together" I could gift a rancher?

WCB

WKR
Only other thing I have seen is "The Buck Boiler" basically a feed bucket with electric heater in it. Sell them at Cabelas.

Just use an old big pot, or find one at a yard sale, and the cooking burner on your grill. You'll need some borax, and detergent which you probably already have, and some of the more concentrated peroxide from a beauty supply store. All in you're probably under $30 even if you have none of the above.

Jblodgett

FNG
I’ve also been using the Sous Vide for a few years now and it works perfectly. Set it to 160 degrees and add oxyclean to the water. Spray off the skull with a garden hose and change the water every 4 hours until it is completely clean. No risk of over heating the skull.

SloppyJ

WKR
I’ve also been using the Sous Vide for a few years now and it works perfectly. Set it to 160 degrees and add oxyclean to the water. Spray off the skull with a garden hose and change the water every 4 hours until it is completely clean. No risk of over heating the skull.
How long does it normally take?

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I do basically what crowmangler does. Outdoor cooker and a dedicated skull boiling vessel. Definitely boil outside as your wife will want to kill you when you do it inside (I have experience with this). A bit of borax and dawn dishwashing soap in the boiler will help with the degreasing. Change the water once or twice and simmer on low. Then the peroxide treatment. I've done 20 or more like this.

huntnful

WKR
Big metal bucket from tractor supply. I used my burner for frying turkeys, a power washer, and some of the bleach powder and peroxide from the beauty supply shop.

I wouldn't buy a "kit".
I second this 100%. I do all my own euros exactly like this.