Mid layer

Jotis

WKR
Kuiu peloton 200 hoody or Sitka ambient 75 for a mid layer for archery elk

OP
J

Jotis

WKR
What is the weight of the ambient? What one would be warmer?

airnjones

FNG
I have the original ambient hoody so I don't know what weight it is. But that thing is an absolute work horse.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Ambient 75 all the way, would not waste any time debating this. So much better than a typical plain fleece.

cumminsbassguy

Lil-Rokslider
Can't comments on the kuiu. But my ambient pull over was amazing on my sheep hunt. Two mornings it dropped to 32ish degrees in the morning and I was toasty with a t shirt and ambient over the top, any wind I would add the wind jacket over the top. Ill be able to talk more to it's cold abilities come November at the end of moose season

SloppyJ

WKR
I have the ambient jacket and it's surprisingly awesome for what it is. Bought an extra just to wear around town. If you don't need any wind protection, it's hard to beat. Sometimes it gets too warm though which is why I think the hoodie is a better call for you.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
For a mid layer I want it to be light, must have a hood, needs to breathe very well, have zippable hand warmer pockets, and dry quickly. I also want to be able to use it comfortably with no layers underneath it as a super breatheable sun shade type shirt (Arizona and Mexico hunts). It also needs to work well as an insulation piece between a base layer and a puffy jacket or rain/sleet/snow jacket.

In trying just about everything for this versatile piece, I’ve settled on the Patagonia R1 Air Hoody. Size up one size if you’re between sizes.