Mid-Layer Lightweight Fleece Options...?

Ivory

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for some good recommendations for a high-quality, good mid-weight, mid-layer microfleece 1/4 zip or pullover. Something to put on over merino next to skin layer for late season stand hunting in cold temps. I’m sure there’s a lot out there to pick from, but wondering what works well for others… something of good quality that isn’t going to wear our quickly. Thanks for the help!

OP
I

Ivory

Lil-Rokslider
Solids are fine. Thanks! Any other recommendations?

FreeRange

WKR
The R1 is great for sure, may not be enough for stand hunting though depending on how cold and what else you have on, thankfully Patagonia has options going all the way up in fleece weights, most companies do. If weight and durability aren't issues there are for sure better (cheaper) options than Patagonia but Patagucci does make some really nice stuff. Between an R1 and a synchilla 1/4 zip I've always been covered as far as fleece goes.

cutup75

FNG
Outdoor Research has some nice fleece layers. I have the Radiant Hybrid pullover with a chest pocket. I've never had to sit in a stand though, but I use a merino base, the OR pullover and a Kuiu vest and neck gator and I'm good for 95% of the hiking I do.

Check out the Halstead Fleece from First Lite too, 1/4 zip pull over, nice fit and comfortable.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I don't think I've ever paid more than $20 for a piece of fleece gear, and I have a ton of it. I love fleece for hunting or otherwise. I have microfleece, mid weight fleece, and heavy weight fleece that I seem to use just about year round. I have a few camo pieces, but most of it is solid color.

7mag.

WKR
Check out Sherpa. Expensive but incredibly light and warm. They are made in Tibet for climbing Everest.

anything in 100wt polartec or powerstretch or the r1 style fabric(its escaping me currently) will likely serve you well. balance features (pockets, zip, etc) with an acceptable weight.
i have a daybreaker half zip from helly hansen that came in orange for gun season thats awesome. about 10oz. 100wt polartec.

Costco had a bunch of polartec 100wt 1/4 zips when I was in last week. They were 10 buck a pop. I bought 4, 2 brown 2 green cannot beat that.

OP
I

Ivory

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the feedback guys!! Much appreciated. I'll check out your recommendations and hopefully find one I like.

OP
I

Ivory

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. I ordered an OR Radiant and Patagonia R1. The FL Halstead Fleece looks awesome and I really like the other FL gear I have but it doesn't have thumb holes and I want thumb holes. I do have their Chama shirt with thumb holes tho. Hopefully I like the OR or the Patagonia. Thanks again for the information!

Ironman8

WKR
I've been looking pretty hard at the Arc'teryx LEAF Naga Hoody. It's a little more pricey than some other options, but I know it will be bombproof. Just don't know how warm it is. Anybody with any experience?

LostArra

WKR
I received an Eddie Bauer First Ascent 1/4 zip fleece as a gift a few years ago.
Unbelievably warm and nice fit.