Metal Sight Tape

Sadler

WKR
Any of you guys know of a company or individual that make metal sight tapes that’ll work for a Spot Hogg slider?

OP
Sadler

Sadler

WKR
No.
May I ask why you want one? How were you thinking of attaching it?

My current sight tape is starting to peel up on me so I was thinking about something more weather proof and I remember seeing CBE having them for their sights a few years ago. I’d need something with an adhesive backing though rather than the bolt on style. Maybe a thin piece of pliable aluminum with the custom yardage markers laser engraved onto it.

My current sight tape is starting to peel up on me so I was thinking about something more weather proof and I remember seeing CBE having them for their sights a few years ago. I’d need something with an adhesive backing though rather than the bolt on style. Maybe a thin piece of pliable aluminum with the custom yardage markers laser engraved onto it.

On the spot Hogg sights just cut a strip of clear packing tape that is thin enough and long enough to go around the wheel. It's like 6.5-7" long and 3/8" wide. It will weather proof it and you don't need to worry about it lifting once it is stuck to itself.

Terrapin

WKR
There are adhesive backed flexible metal rules available on line. You’ll have to dig pretty deep to find them, but I’ve found them in the past. You can also get them from Sure-Lok Archery. The have 4” and 6” that they use for their target sights. You can cut them with ordinary scissors. My guess they’ll send you a couple if they happened to think that yours peeled up from the weather...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Sadler

Sadler

WKR
On the spot Hogg sights just cut a strip of clear packing tape that is thin enough and long enough to go around the wheel. It's like 6.5-7" long and 3/8" wide. It will weather proof it and you don't need to worry about it lifting once it is stuck to itself.
[/QUOTE

I’ll most likely end up doing that if I can’t find a metal sight tape that I can throw on there.

OP
Sadler

Sadler

WKR
There are adhesive backed flexible metal rules available on line. You’ll have to dig pretty deep to find them, but I’ve found them in the past. You can also get them from Sure-Lok Archery. The have 4” and 6” that they use for their target sights. You can cut them with ordinary scissors. My guess they’ll send you a couple if they happened to think that yours peeled up from the weather...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info! I’ll go check them out.

Brendan

WKR
Pinwheel SFAX, and Avery UltraDuty white film labels. Print your own custom to your bow and your arrow on an inkjet, completely weather proof. Tape cover not needed. The one that spent the season on my whitetail bow all last year looks pretty much new. I bought one box of labels and I probably have enough for every bow I own for the rest of my life 10-20 times over.