Meopta Meostar B1.1 and Maven B6

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone compared the edge to edge clarity and resolution between these two binoculars? If so, what are your thoughts?

bigbuckdj

WKR
I have b1 plus in 12x50 and my primary hunting partner has B6s in 12x50. The short, I prefer the optics on the meostars but the ergonomics are better on the B6s.

As far as resolution, I don’t think there’s anything practical you could resolve on the meostars that you couldn’t with the B6s. I feel like the meostars are sharp to the edge and I can’t recall any issues with the B6s in that regard. The knock on the B6s for me would be the focus is faster than I prefer and the color is cooler than I’d like. The knock on the meostars would probably field curvature or pincushion distortion(idk the difference), it’s not quite as field flat as the B6s though I don’t notice it in normal use.

I really like both, I don’t think you’d be hamstrung by either. The meostars are “easier” for me to look through, I prefer the color, depth of focus, and focus speed on them over the ergonomics of the B6s, which are good for a 12x50 in my opinion.

Last edited:
OP
Highlands Hunter

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have b1 plus in 12x50 and my primary hunting partner has B6s in 12x50. The short, I prefer the optics on the meostars but the ergonomics are better on the B6s.

As far as resolution, I don’t think there’s anything practical you could resolve on the meostars that you couldn’t with the B6s. I feel like the meostars are sharp to the edge and I can’t recall any issues with the B6s in that regard. The knock on the B6s for me would be the focus is faster than I prefer and the color is cooler than I’d like. The knock on the meostars would probably field curvature or pincushion distortion(idk the difference), it’s not quite as field flat as the B6s though I don’t notice it in normal use.

I really like both, I don’t think you’d be hamstrung by either. The meostars are “easier” for me to look through, I prefer the color, depth of focus, and focus speed on them over the ergonomics of the B6s, which are good for a 12x50 in my opinion.
Thank you for the information! I need to get my hands on a pair of B1s and compare the colors to my B6. I do like a more 3D view with warmer colors.