Meopta Meopro Air

Brix8984

WKR
What would be the advantage of these over the meostar b1.1? Less than 2 oz difference. Just the open bridge design? How would you mount to outdoorsman bino adapter?

pc3

WKR
I wonder if they will be as rugged and durable as the Meostar range ? Ive read on Rokslide in another thread that the Meostar construction makes them a very tough binocular. I forget what was different about the construction method of the meostar's. Downside was weight however.

I'm waiting on my Meostar b 1.1 10x42 HD's to arrive....be an upgrade over my Vortex gen 1 diamond back 8x32's .

AGPank

WKR
I’m sure if it’s made by Meopta, it’s solid. I think they switched from Aluminum to magnesium chassis that helps strength to weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
I will have my hands on the new Air's soon. I love the open bridge design and I know if Meopta built them they will be tough. Their QC is excellent and they truly value their reputation and stand behind their products 100%.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 10.25.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 10.25.18 AM.png
    103.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Meopta MeoPro Air - 1.jpg
    Meopta MeoPro Air - 1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 83

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I spoke to Meopta. They confirmed late spring or early summer. Said same optically as B1 but a little lighter. This year will be the 8x42 and 10x42. Then additional sizes in 50mm and 56mm will be introduced.

pc3

WKR
I am probably on my own here but aesthetically the Meostars appeal to me......they are a little different looking to most other manufacturers granted.

I prefer the look of the Meostar to the new Air, and I will take the extra couple of ounces.

I wonder if the Meostar range will eventually go the way of the Dodo bird.

My next set of Bino's will be 15's it will be Meostar 15x56's or Swaro and by all accounts the Meostar 15's rate well.....I dont get to look at any of this stuff prior to buying, I have to go off reviews.

I'm leaning towards the Meostar 15's simply because ill have the S2 spotter and B 1.1 10x42's....all matching covers off my OCD :)

Brix8984

WKR
Also, I'm a huge supporter of any company that shows us military guys some discount love. Meopta gives a deep 35% discount to mil & LE. Exceptional glass at a huge discount, got to appreciate that.
Isn’t their discount percentage confidential?

Brix8984

WKR
Not that I can recall. You obviously have to qualify for the discount but at no time did they mention or have a disclaimer about confidential pricing. I would also assume that they do not allow purchasing for a 3rd party though not expressly stated.
Edit: just found another hunting forum where the Meopta Sales Rep posted all their military discount info for all users to share/use.
Copy that! I am wrong then thank you for the clarification. 👍

samolot

FNG
Over on the birding forums there are folks saying the meostars will have a formal upgrade as well.

I had the 12x50 HD Meostar as my first quality glass. Absolutely loved it.

Meopta is truly underrated.

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't and I haven't heard any updated news on arrival. Last I was told, Jan 2021. I am excited to get my hands on one, I have used the Plus all hunting season and I really like the ergonomics and dropping down to a 8X from my usual 10/12X.