Meindl Eurolight vs Vakuum

ray12515

FNG
Has anyone tried both of these boots? I really liked the Vakuum hunter, just saw the Eurolight model is out. I like the idea of a lighter boot, I assume that they won’t last quite as long as the heavier duty Vakuum but might be worth it for the weight savings.

For anyone that’s tried them, do they fit and feel the same?

I have the Vakuum hikers but not the hunters. I prefer an 8” boot. I also have the comfort uninsulated hunters. The comfort is a good boot but too wide for me since it is built on a wide last. It was a toss up for me between the Vakuum hiker and hunter. I went with the hiker simply because it is a little bit lower. I also have a pair of their old Perfekt hikers that have been retired to being a work boot. I’ve had them for at least 16-17 years. Meindl also recommends going down 1/2 size from you current size or from your foot measurement. I stayed the same size as my everyday shoe and they do seem a little bit bigger. I will just have to wear a thicker sock. I also have weird toes in which my second and third toe are as long or longer than my big toe and my fourth toe is long as well. This causes issues with most shoes and boots requiring me to find a wide toe box or go with just a bit bigger boot. My current size is a 9 1/2 and the Meindl boot is a bit bigger but I have no issues with my 3rd and 4th toe rubbing the end of the boot.

OP
R

ray12515

FNG
That's good to know, thanks. I just ordered a couple of pair and will compare the fit across the board

I used the Vakkum hunters on a week long Idaho elk trip with zero issues. Well built boots. My buddy wore Scarpas and he had blister issues…

OP
R

ray12515

FNG
I got in the eurolights and didn’t care for them; they felt completely different from the Vakuums. I also noticed that they were made in Italy instead of Germany, they felt like they were a different brand of boots.

Nothing wrong with them but they didn’t feel like typical meindls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk