Megatarp

Brendan

WKR
Last I heard about it was last year this time when they'd said they shelved the project. Not sure if there are changes in process or not.

brewer427

WKR
There is this series of pics that could make a person think somethings in the works for the megatarp.
I don't know that pic of the mega doesn't appear to be any different then mine. Also the one pic of the tarp with the bivy under it I'm pretty sure is the supertarp. I'm about positive I either heard Aron say that, or seen he wrote it but can't remember where. I guess he could just be saying that though to keep things close to the chest.

Kifaru said in their Instagram there was s Proto mega being tested. I couldn't see any difference.

Curtis C

WKR
I don't know that pic of the mega doesn't appear to be any different then mine. Also the one pic of the tarp with the bivy under it I'm pretty sure is the supertarp. I'm about positive I either heard Aron say that, or seen he wrote it but can't remember where. I guess he could just be saying that though to keep things close to the chest.

2nd pic looks like an annex without stove jack or the velcro closure more to the left side. The 3rd pic looks to have an orange zipper pull at the top of the closure.

JG358

WKR
2nd pic looks like an annex without stove jack or the velcro closure more to the left side. The 3rd pic looks to have an orange zipper pull at the top of the closure.

I didnt even notice the annex with out the stove jack until you mentioned it.

I see what your talking about in the third pic but it still looks like velcro under that.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here's the changes that have been made:

1) The Annex will now zip in instead of tie in. It will zip in from the left or right side, so it's basically a inverted U.

2) The rear entry is now a zipper instead of Velcro and has been extended a bit higher

3) The zippers are covered with a drain flap/gutter system, so you won't get any leaking through them (front or rear entry)

4) The pitching of the new Mega allows for a lot more play, so you won't need perfection to get a stove pipe through the annex.

5) The stove jack can be taken out to save weight and a flap will cover the hole

6) There's a bit more usable space as the sidewalls can be pitched vertically (if you choose)

7) Pitching time is cut in half, as now there's no setback needed and the width of the front and rear can be pre set

The biggest differences for me are the faster and easier pitching and the zippered in Annex and zippered entry. It goes up in half the time and the stove pipe/stove/annex has a ton of room now.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
They will be available to order on the 27th with a 2 week ship time....so you'll have them before season

The will be priced about the same as the current model (slight increase, but I doubt it)

Thanks. I was thinking the changes would make for more venting options. Do you ever add shock cord and pitch it with a 2" gap between bottom of tarp and ground?