MDT Oryx Chassis

Have been contemplating a MDT Oryx for my Savage 6.5 Creedmoor. Any advice from owners of this stock would be appreciated.

H80Hunter

WKR
I like mine, I have one on a Tikka 6.5 CM. However, it’s a gun I don’t really hunt with. It wouldn’t be my first choice for a hunting rifle. It’s kind of heavy and doesn’t have any MLok slots besides on the bottom. I have a Magpul hunter and a KRG Bravo and I’d prefer both for a gun I’d hunt with just for ease of carrying. The side MLok makes the sling attachment so much better. I’m also pretty sure the Oryx is heavier than either of those two as well.

bnewt3

Lil-Rokslider
I like mine, I have one on a Tikka 6.5 CM. However, it’s a gun I don’t really hunt with. It wouldn’t be my first choice for a hunting rifle. It’s kind of heavy and doesn’t have any MLok slots besides on the bottom. I have a Magpul hunter and a KRG Bravo and I’d prefer both for a gun I’d hunt with just for ease of carrying. The side MLok makes the sling attachment so much better. I’m also pretty sure the Oryx is heavier than either of those two as well.
Depending on the type of hunting some more weight isn't a bad thing.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

bnewt3

Lil-Rokslider
I am also considering an Oryx

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

DougD

FNG
Have been contemplating a MDT Oryx for my Savage 6.5 Creedmoor. Any advice from owners of this stock would be appreciated.
I have one and really like the feel. Heavy barrel makes it very nose heavy but I do mostly bench shooting with it. Aero precision sendero barrel in 6.5. Also added spacers to increase LOP

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 38
You guys with the Tikka's, what is the distance to trigger with this chassis?

Are you familiar with other AR style grip chassis for comparison? They are basically all short compared to a traditional stock and adjustable to a degree depending on which grip you use.

Are you familiar with other AR style grip chassis for comparison? They are basically all short compared to a traditional stock and adjustable to a degree depending on which grip you use.
Not overly familiar, but that makes sense. I just wasn't sure if the dimensions of the lower were different, from the front edge of the grip to the trigger, than other lowers. But now saying that, I'm sure there's variance in all manufacturers products.

BLJ

WKR
Bought 1 for a ruger g2 American, liked it so much I just ordered a second for a tikka upr so I don't have to cut up the factory stock to use arca.

It reduced my group size in the ruger by 1/3 to 1/2. Fyi
View attachment 755449
Any idea on weight of just barreled action and chassis? Is it a 20” barrel? Or weight how it sits in the picture would work too. Thanks.