MDT mag for Seekins Havak

Badseed

WKR
Does anyone know if the 3 round MDT mag will work with the seekins bottom metal? I have a havak in 6.5 cm and am looking for shorter alternative options than the 5 round magpul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
I use them in my 6.5cm havak element.

Do you use the 3 round mag? Are there any fit or feeding issues using them? Can you post a photo of how they fit?

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
Thats awesome! Thanks

JCMCUBIC

WKR
Yep, I use them in an Element and Havak. Wish there was a thin metal version to allow a touch more OAL but I'm still a big fan of them in a hunting rifle.

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
Im a little surprised that Seekins doesn’t market their “hunting rifles” with the 3 round magazine. Just considering the success of the hawkins hunter mag I feel like Havak would be even more popular if it was advertised that way. I know some of the other calibers have fancy carbon mags but a simple off the shelf mdt mag is pretty convenient.

OP
Badseed

Badseed

WKR
Do you have issues removing the MDT mag? I just got a chance to try it out and the mag sticks in my rifle so tightly that you cant get it out without significant effort. The PMag measures 3.095” at the widest point of the magazine catch. The MDT mag measures 3.120” to the widest part of the magazine catch. The width if the two magazines are very similar 3.056” and 3.057” respectively. It seems that the catch on the MDT protrudes too much to allow sufficient clearance for the magazine to function. I am considering sanding the magazine catch down a little but I wanted to hear if anyone had to do that. For what its worth, I am trying to use this on an original PH1 not the element.

3d0d9d7b848307ed7f0bbba5a43c985e.jpg