McMillan Stock Repaint - Good Experience

270quest

WKR
After this falls elk/deer season wrapped up for me, I decided it was time to send my well warn T3x Sako Classic McMillan in for a repaint and refresh it a bit. This was a plane black stock that held my Tikka Superlite 7 rem mag barreled action. I decided on grey with black speckles thinking that would be a good look on the rifle.

I sent the stock off the end of October and was told 4-10 weeks and $120 shipped. It shipped out a few days ago - so right at 4 weeks - and I picked it up this morning. The grey is darker - more like a tungsten, but overall very happy and this should look very good on the stainless rifle. Will get it put back together this evening.

Nice! I was wondering how long it would take. The company I ordered mine from just sent it back for their new hard edge camo patterns. They told me I'd probably have it back by Christmas.

Thanks for your report, I sent my MCM/Echols stock in about 5 years ago for repaint, they did it in about a month and cost me $100, nice to know at least that MCM price hasn't changed much.

Looks great! How do you like that scope? I think it will be my next one. Love my nightforce and my trijicon but always wanted one.

What has been your experience on your Mcmillan and bedding it? I know they say they don't need it but I find that hard to believe. I got my stock for a build with a Zermatt Origin so I won't have any baseline accuracy to compare it to. Did your tikka maintain its accuracy when you put it in a new stock? Currently I'm planning on bedding it before I shoot it at all.

Back