McMillan A3 adj carbon and Proof Bull Contour

TJE0705

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guysI have two questions but a little back ground first. Im planning on building a switch barrel setup (22creed/6.5creed) I’m looking into using a McMillan a3 carbon stock and a 20” proof bull contour for the 22 creed barrel and some other steel barrel for the 6.5 creed barrel. The intended uses for this thing would just be fun shooting and whitetails/coyotes for the 22creed and NRL Hunter for the 6.5 barrel. So my two questions are:

1) Is anyone running a McMillan a3 adjustable carbon stock on their hunting gun? I was wanting some input on these. I have a McMillan game warden that I love but am wanting to use a proof bull contour barrel on my next rifle and the A3 will accept this contour barrel. Just wanting some input of likes and dislikes. Also if you know the weight that would be helpful

2) Is anyone using a Proof Bull contour barrel? How do you like it? Pros and cons vs sendero barrel? what stock are you using in it? And any pictures/weights would also be helpful.

Thanks for the help guys

DJL2

Lil-Rokslider
My Delta-51 is built on a CF A3 with the KMW cheek piece hardware. It's around 10 lbs with a 20" Krieger #5 in .308 win. The Surgeon 591 and DBM bottom metal are adding a few ounces to that you could trim with a different setup. I would guess the stock is about 2.75 lbs or so of the total weight and a little would come off that without the Anschutz rail.

The A3 is a good stock... I definitely recommend texture on the forend based on its shape.

SloppyJ

WKR
A3s seem to be highly regarded. I think the trade off is that they're pretty heavy. If it's a hunting rifle, I think you could do better. If it's an all around rifle including a lot of target and a little hunting, then I think you're ok. At least that's for my tastes.

DJL2

Lil-Rokslider
A carbon fiber A3 with a standard butt/cheek piece is less than 2 lbs... not dissimilar to a Manners EH1. Neither is particularly heavy.

SloppyJ

WKR
A carbon fiber A3 with a standard butt/cheek piece is less than 2 lbs... not dissimilar to a Manners EH1. Neither is particularly heavy.
I believe he's talking about the tactical stock not the a3 sporter. My understanding is that they are heavier.

DJL2

Lil-Rokslider
The ”tactical” A3 is available with a CF shell and you can play with the fill material. Long Range Only has a review up from 2020, quotes the Fierce inlet model right at 2 lbs I think.

The ”tactical” A3 is available with a CF shell and you can play with the fill material. Long Range Only has a review up from 2020, quotes the Fierce inlet model right at 2 lbs I think.
This is correct, I have several of them and they're just as light as any comparable CF stock.