MBG Ascent Verdict stripped screw

Hey guys. I'm working on getting a new bow set up and I am planning to sell my MBG Ascent Verdict 3 pin.

I have a stripped screw that I'm struggling with. I don't want to sell the sight the way it is and I am wondering if anyone has any tips for removing the screw. I have some pictures attached. Also, if anyone reads this and is interested in the sight, please let me know - thank you! 20230311_134237.jpg20230311_134306.jpg

JjamesIII

WKR
Send it back- they’ll take care of you. I’ve got that sight in a 5 pin, after years of hard use it got a little tight for river adjustments, they fixed it free. Good company.

Below are a few methods that have worked for me in the past in similar situations. I would try the following in this order:
  • Jam a torx driver into the stripped out socket
  • Super glue or epoxy a hex wrench into the stripped out socket
  • Cut a groove into the head with a Dremel tool then use a large flat screwdriver

JjamesIII

WKR
Don’t go hillbilly diy on your sight- send it back or you might void the warranty. You spent the money on a good sight, with a good warranty for a reason.

ShakeDown

WKR
MBG is awesome with CS. I had a bow in the back seat on the floor of my truck on the way back from the 3d course and got rear ended, sight snapped at housing/bar interface. Definitely not covered under warranty … they replaced no problem.

cuttingedge

Lil-Rokslider
I had an issue with mine. MBG Received on a Monday and I had it back On Friday. They will fix it. And, anything else it needs.

Go to the website and follow the instructions on how to send it in. It's just that easy.

OP
180splitg3
I had an issue with mine. MBG Received on a Monday and I had it back On Friday. They will fix it. And, anything else it needs.

Go to the website and follow the instructions on how to send it in. It's just that easy.
That's awesome - I will send it in. Just thought if it was a quick fix I wouldn't need to bother sending it in. I don't want to wreck something though...

OP
180splitg3
Below are a few methods that have worked for me in the past in similar situations. I would try the following in this order:
  • Jam a torx driver into the stripped out socket
  • Super glue or epoxy a hex wrench into the stripped out socket
  • Cut a groove into the head with a Dremel tool then use a large flat screwdriver
Thanks!