Maybe the Idaho NR System isn't so Unfair

IdahoBeav

WKR
This was shown during the NR Tag Issuance Advisory Group Meeting today, which the public was welcome to observe.

It appears that the system has been successful in spreading the tags to new people.

1721928555510.png

So I guess its kinda showing repeat customers. could be a number of factors right? Didn't get the tag they wanted, thought the ID process was bad, wanted to hunt another state. etc..

OP
IdahoBeav

IdahoBeav

WKR
I don't see how that reflects on the fairness of the system.
For the most part, it's not the same guys getting tags every year. The 5,500± that went 3/4 and the 4,000± that went 4/4 were probably mostly in-person sales, which would mean the online system is doing a good job at giving tags to people that have not received tags in the previous few years.

OP
IdahoBeav

IdahoBeav

WKR
Certain vendors taking preferred clients, $$$$$ talks.

Tech savy people getting dozens or hundreds of spots in line so they ensure they get their tag.
That is a lot of speculation. However, if we take it at face value, it's still a very small % of people that were able to do it in each of the last 4 years.

OP
IdahoBeav

IdahoBeav

WKR
Hard to see how this data speaks to any of the fairness issues associated with the current “OTC” system.
As the data shows and as mentioned twice previously, very few people are getting their tag every year. The majority of the tags are going to people that have only hunted once in Idaho over the last 4 years.

180ls1

WKR
That is a lot of speculation. However, if we take it at face value, it's still a very small % of people that were able to do it in each of the last 4 years.

Type "proxy servers multiple tickets" into google and you'll see. Its not speculation. Same thing happens with wait in line sporting events, concerts and so on events everywhere. I personally know of guys doing this.

What percentage of tickets? Do you have any hard data? I would be curious. If AZ eliminated governors tags over 1 tag per species because it does not fit the north American model, how many (what percentage) of these tags does it take to do say the same for ID?

As the data shows and as mentioned twice previously, very few people are getting their tag every year. The majority of the tags are going to people that have only hunted once in Idaho over the last 4 years.
Yes. It does show that. It does not speak to the incidents of multiple proxy purchases, people logging in on multiple devices, etc.

OP
IdahoBeav

IdahoBeav

WKR
Type "proxy servers multiple tickets" into google and you'll see. Its not speculation. Same thing happens with wait in line sporting events, concerts and so on events everywhere. I personally know of guys doing this.

What percentage of tickets? Do you have any hard data? I would be curious. If AZ eliminated governors tags over 1 tag per species because it does not fit the north American model, how many (what percentage) of these tags does it take to do say the same for ID?
Even so, very few people are doing this and getting a tag every year. It's mostly random allocation.

180ls1

WKR

I think that is good data and its good to know.

Most of the disagreement is probably going to be over what constitutes "fair."

Your data doesn’t definitively say anything about the fairness of the current process.

If anything, it might speak to the exact opposite. How many guys that went to a vendor, in person, and routinely hinted ID are now getting aced out because of the current system? I know it’s happening.

OP
IdahoBeav

IdahoBeav

WKR
Yes. It does show that. It does not speak to the incidents of multiple proxy purchases, people logging in on multiple devices, etc.
If there are a significant number of these, they're either not that successful, or very few of them made the choice to buy tags in 3 or 4 of the last 4 years.

180ls1

WKR
Even so, very few people are doing this and getting a tag every year. It's mostly random allocation.

I really would like to know actual numbers.

If I know first hand of it happening and I am just some random dude in San Diego. I've gotta think there is a lot of it going on.

OP
IdahoBeav

IdahoBeav

WKR
Most of the disagreement is probably going to be over what constitutes "fair."
Most that try and do not get a tag are going to feel the system is very unfair. In the last 6 years, there haven't been enough tags to give to everyone that wanted one. I would have guessed that around 50% of the tags probably went to repeat tag buyers. That was very incorrect. Instead, almost 2/3 are 1 for 4 in the last 4 years. They have spread out the tags pretty well.