Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 FFP with SHR-W MOA reticle Field Tested and Reviewed

I am almost certain this will be my next scope so thanks for starting this review and sharing the information. I shoot moa, so I would get this scope in the Moa version.
. I’ve read Forms drop eval for mil version. Would there be any reason to expect different results on the Moa version or is it safe to assume it’s just as reliable?

lelliott8

FNG
I am almost certain this will be my next scope so thanks for starting this review and sharing the information. I shoot moa, so I would get this scope in the Moa version.
. I’ve read Forms drop eval for mil version. Would there be any reason to expect different results on the Moa version or is it safe to assume it’s just as reliable?

This might be exactly what you are looking for.

Ignore this I was mistaken. I thought someone had tested the moa version

Last edited:

The Guide

WKR

That is a review on the RS 1.0 scope and not the RS 1.2 scope. They are not the same animal.

Jay

Thanks, I did read that one too. But that review is going over the original RS1 not the updated RS1.2 which I believe is really a whole new animal.

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member

The only difference is the reticle, so any conclusions you are willing to make about the Mil version you can make about the MOA version.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
From what has been seen, the MOA is also a reliable optic. I was able to shoot with one of my MIL variants side by side with the MOA variant last week.

Both of us instantly noticed that the MIL reticle is bolder and easier to see at all power levels.

This fact, combined with the shooting benefits of the MIL system has him switching to the MIL version. We spent 4 hours shooting in high wind and at long range last week, with a few of my other old buddies as well. That’s all it took for him to make the switch to MILs and he’s a very good shooter and has used MOA for 20 years.