• TORIC UHD 4.5-30X56 34mm MOA ELR FFP Rifle Scope

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • RS.4 - 5-30x56 FFP

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

BearDown

FNG
Hey everyone,

I need some help deciding between two rifle scopes: the Maven RS.4 and the Tract Toric ELR (4.5-30x56). The main differences I've found are that the Maven is lighter (weighs 35.4oz) compared to the Tract (which is 41.5oz), and the Maven is filled with nitrogen while the Tract is filled with argon. Other than that, they seem pretty much the same.

I came across a YouTube video where they compared these two scopes, and they ended up liking the Maven more because they could read a sticker better at 100 yards. But I'm hoping to get more opinions and maybe some direct comparisons between the two from this community.
I'm planning to use whichever scope I choose on my 7mm Remington Magnum for hunting. Right now, I've got a Vortex Viper Gen II PST, and I'm thinking of upgrading to something better. If any of you have experience with either of these scopes or can directly compare them, I'd really appreciate your input.

- BD

Hotmail

FNG
I recently bought a Maven RS4 5-30x56 and it's clearer than my Tract Toric ELR 4.5-30x56 with much easier to see FFP reticle on its lowest magnification setting. I've decided to buy another Maven RS4. I think they're also clearer than my Athlon Cronus UHD Gen 2 4.5-29x56 with not as stiff controls and without the sharp edges. Definitely clearer than my Filipino Burris XTR3i 5.5-30x56 and without the noticeable chromatic aberration.

The only thing the Tract Toric ELR has over the Maven RS4 is if you need the added weight and buttery smoother controls and massively tall turrets.

Both are equally difficult to sell on the used market without losing a lot of money.

You might want to consider spending a little more buying a Nightforce NX8 4-32x50 F1 instead if resale value is important to you plus their already well known bulletproof reliability. I recently bought two more of them as well and the Maven RS4 looks the same clarity-wise with easier to see reticle on it's lowest magnification setting.