Maven RS.2 2-10x38 Anyone?

Curious whether anyone has this scope and if they think it's worth the $550 asking price. Seems like a legit lightweight all-around option but I'd like to hear more about it from someone who has owned one for a while.

Thanks.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve been curious too, seems like it could be a good choice for a lightweight mountain rifle.

I have it with the bdc/shr reticle on a kimber in 338 federal. I don’t dial or anything. Its bright and clear for me. And super light. I haven’t seen any issues but I only have 140 rounds through it.

b87f3a7fb5bae8b7b48e8850fc96a894.jpg

f65a904dc8fc634fe23fec9ca5e2141e.jpg

ffa566da3a733978d6bffe9c54f64c16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used one with the shr reticle for the last year and I love it. I was going to sell it to fund some other stuff, but sold an extra swfa UL instead and decided to keep this one.

The eye relief is a little shorter than some, but I don't find it to be a problem. Glass is absolutely crystal clear and very bright in low light.

It tracks like a gem (I've used it out to 500) and holds zero. I've got about 1200 heavy '06 rounds on mine and I bought it used and still going strong.

The reticle could be a touch thinner.

Would I pay $550 for one? I would if it had the bullet proof reputation of swfa for durability. Maybe it is, but we don't know. I definitely would if it had an exposed elevation turret. If I can put another 1200 or so rounds on without issue, I'd probably pay MSRP if I was going to buy another

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
I've used one with the shr reticle for the last year and I love it. I was going to sell it to fund some other stuff, but sold an extra swfa UL instead and decided to keep this one.

The eye relief is a little shorter than some, but I don't find it to be a problem. Glass is absolutely crystal clear and very bright in low light.

It tracks like a gem (I've used it out to 500) and holds zero. I've got about 1200 heavy '06 rounds on mine and I bought it used and still going strong.

The reticle could be a touch thinner.

Would I pay $550 for one? I would if it had the bullet proof reputation of swfa for durability. Maybe it is, but we don't know. I definitely would if it had an exposed elevation turret. If I can put another 1200 or so rounds on without issue, I'd probably pay MSRP if I was going to buy another
I’ve also been looking at this scope for a 30.06. How do you like the shr reticle? The subtensions didn’t make much sense to me. Basically jumping from a 200 yard zero to 400 or so if I remember correctly. Doesn’t really seem all that useful in a hunting situation at least for me where 400 is about my limit.

I’ve also been looking at this scope for a 30.06. How do you like the shr reticle? The subtensions didn’t make much sense to me. Basically jumping from a 200 yard zero to 400 or so if I remember correctly. Doesn’t really seem all that useful in a hunting situation at least for me where 400 is about my limit.

I like having the option. I've actually not even used it because I just practiced dialing. But yea... You'd have to estimate where the 2/3/4 moa hashes would be if there were some

chadcharb

WKR
You could always just get it with the duplex retical right? I've been thinking about this for grandpa's old 06 as well. I can get it for $400 and comparing it to leupold options in the same price range

jerm8352

Lil-Rokslider
You could always just get it with the duplex retical right? I've been thinking about this for grandpa's old 06 as well. I can get it for $400 and comparing it to leupold options in the same price range
I could but I like a bdc. I just want to aim at the elk find the line and shoot. I am interested in Maven because I get a discount for them, they are a Wyoming company, and I would love to get engraving on the scope. If they had a better bdc reticle I would have already bought it. As it stands looking at other bdc options.

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
I have it with the bdc/shr reticle on a kimber in 338 federal. I don’t dial or anything. Its bright and clear for me. And super light. I haven’t seen any issues but I only have 140 rounds through it.

Seems like a sweet rig! How do you like that 338 Fed? I've been intrigued with that round ever since I learned about it.

Seems like a sweet rig! How do you like that 338 Fed? I've been intrigued with that round ever since I learned about it.

I really like it. It took me a bit to shoot it accurately, but now that I have that figured out (me not the rifle), it’s nice to shoot. I think the only reason I’d ever sell this little thing would to build a light 338 folder in a chassis.

OP
Newtosavage
I really like it. It took me a bit to shoot it accurately, but now that I have that figured out (me not the rifle), it’s nice to shoot. I think the only reason I’d ever sell this little thing would to build a light 338 folder in a chassis.

I really need to just get a .338 Fed barrel made for my SA Savage, just to have, and get it out of my system. :D

prm

WKR

Does the scope seem to adjust consistently when sighting in? I had a Leupold 6x but it bothered me that dialing was very inconsistent. Once you finally set it to zero it was fine, but adjusting was a roll of the dice. I currently have an 84M with a Burris FFII, and a T3X with a Tract Toric 2-10, both in 338 Fed.
I’ve had four different 338 Feds, plus a couple different barrels on a few of them. Shot a wide variety of critters and its always worked great.

Curious whether anyone has this scope and if they think it's worth the $550 asking price. Seems like a legit lightweight all-around option but I'd like to hear more about it from someone who has owned one for a while.

Thanks.
Thanks for the tag @BRTreedogs

I have been running my RS.2 on my Tikka 300 WSM for two seasons now. Tipped over critters from 70 to 390 yards and everything in between with that thing. I really really like my scope.

After figuring out how to manipulate the SHR reticle at various powers and getting comfortable with various holdovers at distance, I really don't think there's a need for a different scope to hunt ~400 yards and in. Plus it's light enough it makes me cringe thinking about leveling up for a heavier scope. I'm just not that tough. 😉

TLDR: Get the scope.

kylem

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone had any issues with it holding its zero? I am pretty hard on equipment and odds are any scope/rifle combo will eventually get knocked around a bit if I carry it at all in the mountains.

I
Has anyone had any issues with it holding its zero? I am pretty hard on equipment and odds are any scope/rifle combo will eventually get knocked around a bit if I carry it at all in the mountains.
M
Man I carry that rifle on my pack 50+ days a year and haven’t had any issues with it. I do have a rifle slicker on it all the time but she’s never bumped with me in 28 months of use.

I haven't heard of any and I'm always looking out for user reviews/issues with the rs2. I love the scope a ton and want to be aware of any potential issues and also want to bolster confidence in it.

I thought I had an issue with mine a couple months back, but it turned out it was just my rings, so when I put the scope on my other rifle it would do the same thing ... Well the rings also went on to the other rifle so that's why the issue carried over. Swapped out the rings and it's A-OK

Dirty-D

Lil-Rokslider
I love mine, I've owned 2. a ruger frontier that kicked like a mule on steroids and a kimber montana that I chopped down to 17" Great round. Nothing has ever walked away from it. very efficient. even at 17" there isn't alot of muzzle blast in the field. I've had the best luck with 200 gr. copper solids. my next use of this brass will be to build up some 160gr. ttsx as critters in my area aren't that big.

OP
Newtosavage
I love mine, I've owned 2. a ruger frontier that kicked like a mule on steroids and a kimber montana that I chopped down to 17" Great round. Nothing has ever walked away from it. very efficient. even at 17" there isn't alot of muzzle blast in the field. I've had the best luck with 200 gr. copper solids. my next use of this brass will be to build up some 160gr. ttsx as critters in my area aren't that big.
Sounds intriguing. I was looking at it as a dedicated short-to-medium range elk round in my short action Savage. Good to hear about the barrel length since I loathe barrels over 20" these days. You really have me thinking now!

MEdude

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds intriguing. I was looking at it as a dedicated short-to-medium range elk round in my short action Savage. Good to hear about the barrel length since I loathe barrels over 20" these days. You really have me thinking now!

Resurrection day for this old thread….

Did you end up buying one? Thoughts?
Anyone else have experience with this over the past couple years that is willing to chime in?