Maven RF.1 Rangefinder Pouch

BSLugnut

FNG
For those of you using the Maven RF.1 rangefinder.
Which rangefinder pouch are using to house it and attach to your bino harness?

Last edited:
OP
B

BSLugnut

FNG
I have scrubbed this forum and others for some insight as to the best fitting rangefinder pouches for the RF.1 (4.7" x 3.1" x 1.8").
To permit the ease of one-hand to remove the rangefinder from the pouch and its placement back in the pouch.

I have the FHF PRO-M Bino Harness with the small Rangefinder Pouch (discontinued), would like to keep the FHF PRO-M Bino Harness system if possible.

The FHF small Rangefinder Pouch is too small to house the Maven RF.1 and FHF has confirmed the Rangefinder Pouch 2.0 is not large enough. (There is a workaround for the original large Rangefinder Pouch (discontinued), you can pop a few stitching out to expand the belly)
A few others in the forum have stuffed lacrosse balls or similar in the pouch to stretch it out.

One of the challenges in identifying the pouches that will house the RF.1, is the measurements of the pouches on their websites are outside dimensions. We are looking for the inside dimensions to calculate the "wiggle room" of the RF.1.

The Marsupial Large Rangefinder Pouch was designed specifically for the Maven RF1. (According to the Marsupial website)

In addition to that pouch, it looks like the T&K Hunting Gear Range Finder Pouch Gen 2 (Med or Lg), U.S Patriot Condor Gadget Pouch, and the Alaska Guide Creations Rangefinder (Magnetic) Pouch might be other viable options.

sndmn11

WKR
The Marsupial large and AGC Magnetic fit it fine. When I wrote the review on here the Outdoor Vision and ADAK pouches were OK, the Sitka Mountain Harness pouch worked well.

I have to tried TK, although from the measurements on the site I do not believe it would fit being 2" deep for all sizes, nor any other size FHF than noted in the review.

OP
B

BSLugnut

FNG
The Marsupial large and AGC Magnetic fit it fine. When I wrote the review on here the Outdoor Vision and ADAK pouches were OK, the Sitka Mountain Harness pouch worked well.

I have to tried TK, although from the measurements on the site I do not believe it would fit being 2" deep for all sizes, nor any other size FHF than noted in the review.
Thanks, I did read your review, lots of great information, and it was part of my decision-making process on the RF and for identifying what the pouch options were for the RF.1.

I talked to Tyler over at T&K and he is supposed to get back to me to provide the inside dimensions of the medium and large RF Pouches.
But it sounds like the 2" depth is the challenge.
Maven states the RF.1 is 1.8" thick, but I think this is the thickness of the body minus the wheel. (Not sure, as mine has not yet arrived)

sndmn11

WKR
Thanks, I did read your review, lots of great information, and it was part of my decision-making process on the RF and for identifying what the pouch options were for the RF.1.

I talked to Tyler over at T&K and he is supposed to get back to me to provide the inside dimensions of the medium and large RF Pouches.
But it sounds like the 2" depth is the challenge.
Maven states the RF.1 is 1.8" thick, but I think this is the thickness of the body minus the wheel. (Not sure, as mine has not yet arrived)

I measured the other day because I needed a second pouch for the CRF.1 review I am doing, but wanted it to fit both models. I think it was 2.4" knob to the other side.