Maven CS.1A Spotter

Anyone have any experience with the Maven CS.1A spotter? Really like how compact it is and the weight. Was curious on the glass quality compared to other comparable spotters. Can’t find one locally for an in person comparison.

I looked through them at the Sportsman's show. Great glass, light and packable. I almost just bought one, but then I saw it's their one spotter that's made in China.

dwills

FNG
I’ve been looking at these as well. Looking forward to hear opinions and recommendations for a spotter in the sub-$1000 range

grfox92

WKR
I'm curious how it compares to the Athlon.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

magnum

FNG

I sold mine. Purchased a Kowa 77 instead. It’s nice to spend time glassing through a spotting scope without experiencing eye strain. This was something I could not do with the Maven. Something about the Maven glass just was not nice to my eyeballs.

Also of note - I used a 50 mm Razor HD for several years and never had any problem with eye strain.

OP
S

Take a look at the Athlon Ares G2 UHD
Borrowed one on my last trip and overall was pleased with the performance. Frankly was just looking at these because no one else I know has really any maven product so was looking to venture out.

Honyock

WKR
Borrowed one on my last trip and overall was pleased with the performance. Frankly was just looking at these because no one else I know has really any maven product so was looking to venture out.
I've looked through both (side by side) and I kept the Athlon. Nothing wrong with the Maven but I thought the edge to edge clarity and the color was a little better on the Athlon (for my eyes anyway). The Maven was also the first one out at dark. The Athlon lasted about 5 minutes longer looking at the same object when it was getting dark. If weight is an issue, the Maven is 7 ounces lighter. I'm not an ounce counter so I went with the one that my eyes liked better. Like I said, nothing wrong with the Maven, my eyes just preferred the Athlon.