Maven B5 18×56 vs. Vortex Razor uhd 18×56

OP
R

RoseAllen

Lil-Rokslider
UPS just delivered my Maven B-5 18×56s today!! What would you guys like to know and see about these bad boys?

Not trying derail.

How many actual glass makers are their in Japan? Does Maven and vortex get the glass from the same place just ordered to different specs?

Is sky the limit on quality of glass they can get from Japan or if both vortex and maven say "we want your best glass" do they get the same product? That's if they get it from the same place obviously.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
R

RoseAllen

Lil-Rokslider
First afternoon impressions of the B5 18×56s. The Optics I have on hand are Maven B-2 11×45s, B-3 8×30, Kowa 15-45×55, Kowa 25-60×88.
Keep in mind I did not have that much time this afternoon, just a quick look.
Good question on comparing b5s and spotters.
Comparing the B5s to both spotters 15 to 25 power. First FOV. B5 194 feet, Kowa 55 132 feet and Kowa 88 115 feet. If I had to pick one this afternoon it would be the B-5s. Fov. and just nicer looking through the B-5 binoculars instead of spotting scopes.
The B-5s compared to the B-2s, Twilight Factor. So far I think the B5s actually look brighter than a B-2s at dark. Both are amazing, I could still see through them way after dark 9:30-9:45pm.
Another good question was comparing pics of B-5s and other Optics. I will work on that over the next day or so.
First impressions so far the B-5s are amazing. what really stood out the most was being able to pick through trees and bushes I could see stuff I was missing with the 11×45B-2s.

Blue72

WKR
First afternoon impressions of the B5 18×56s. The Optics I have on hand are Maven B-2 11×45s, B-3 8×30, Kowa 15-45×55, Kowa 25-60×88.
Keep in mind I did not have that much time this afternoon, just a quick look.
Good question on comparing b5s and spotters.
Comparing the B5s to both spotters 15 to 25 power. First FOV. B5 194 feet, Kowa 55 132 feet and Kowa 88 115 feet. If I had to pick one this afternoon it would be the B-5s. Fov. and just nicer looking through the B-5 binoculars instead of spotting scopes.
The B-5s compared to the B-2s, Twilight Factor. So far I think the B5s actually look brighter than a B-2s at dark. Both are amazing, I could still see through them way after dark 9:30-9:45pm.
Another good question was comparing pics of B-5s and other Optics. I will work on that over the next day or so.
First impressions so far the B-5s are amazing. what really stood out the most was being able to pick through trees and bushes I could see stuff I was missing with the 11×45B-2s.

Great feedback!

At what magnification level on your two scopes, would you consider using your scopes instead of these binoculars?

I finds anything below 30x I rather use high power binoculars

OP
R

RoseAllen

Lil-Rokslider
Great feedback!

At what magnification level on your two scopes, would you consider using your scopes instead of these binoculars?

I finds anything below 30x I rather use high power binoculars
Now having the 18×56 binos. is going to change things (I thank). Faster glassing with binos and verify size with spotter. I will let you know in a few days when I would use the spotter more.

snopro176

WKR
Found these guys bedded @800 buy spotting what looked like a tine with my 8x's, quickly swapped to the 18s with that outdoorsmans adapter and could easily tell it was a nice buck and found 2 more right next to him I wouldn't have seen with the 8s. So far not missing the spotter. Lighter pack, no more eye fatigue. The only issue I have is the kowa spotter i had had total edge to edge clarity, these are missing about the outside 5th I'd say, still very usable and the only thing I can ding them on so far.
c523eb5444b9764b4130e2fe12941f78.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nateazak

FNG
They leave me scratching my head all the time on this very subject. By the time we get the product get it in the field and use it, half the time hunting season is done.

I did just get confirmation that I will be testing those mavens mentioned in this thread. Should have the Bino’s next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was this review ever done. Id love to see any info incan on the 18x56 UHDs.