Maven b.6 vs tract toric

Hoodie

WKR
I have not had my hands on the 10x50 Toric, but currently use the 10x50 B6 and I had the 10x42 Toric for a few days. The B6 is better in my opinion. Longer useable eye relief due to eye cup design, significantly larger FOV, and a larger sweet spot.

That said, the Toric is a lot of binocular for the money.

SpringM1A

Lil-Rokslider
I've got the original Tract Toric 8x42. I've also got the Maven B1 8x42 and the Maven B2 9x45. I've had them for a few years now. The Maven B 2 9x45 is the sweet spot in the B 2 series. I would not trade it for an 11x45, which a friend of mine has. The Tract Toric is where a premium level optic starts, IMO. I personally prefer the Maven, It gives me an image with better color and a little more contrast. I also think the Maven has a somewhat better build quality. The Maven binoculars have an understated fov spec, the 9x45 is listed at 7* and measures 8*, for example.

I've got the original Tract Toric 8x42. I've also got the Maven B1 8x42 and the Maven B2 9x45. I've had them for a few years now. The Maven B 2 9x45 is the sweet spot in the B 2 series. I would not trade it for an 11x45, which a friend of mine has. The Tract Toric is where a premium level optic starts, IMO. I personally prefer the Maven, It gives me an image with better color and a little more contrast. I also think the Maven has a somewhat better build quality. The Maven binoculars have an understated fov spec, the 9x45 is listed at 7* and measures 8*, for example.
so when you say you have the original Tract Toric I'm guessing not the current UHD SCHOTT HT version? I'm wondering if there's a big jump in the new version. I've only heard of this brand a couple weeks ago but thinking about trying either the 12.5's or 15's.

I haven't handled a pair but I'm always leary of a new optics company. It seems like every few years there's a new amazing optic company that is amazingly good considering the low cost. Then a couple years later the shine seems to wear off that company and all of a sudden people don't think it's quite as great as it once was.

I was a Meopta dealer starting back in 2006 and there weren't very many people who had even heard of them then and now look how they rate.

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
so when you say you have the original Tract Toric I'm guessing not the current UHD SCHOTT HT version? I'm wondering if there's a big jump in the new version. I've only heard of this brand a couple weeks ago but thinking about trying either the 12.5's or 15's.

I haven't handled a pair but I'm always leary of a new optics company. It seems like every few years there's a new amazing optic company that is amazingly good considering the low cost. Then a couple years later the shine seems to wear off that company and all of a sudden people don't think it's quite as great as it once was.

I was a Meopta dealer starting back in 2006 and there weren't very many people who had even heard of them then and now look how they rate.
Tract has been around 7 or 8 years now and they still get great reviews. From my experience they are at least equal to most of the Japanese sub-alpha's like Maven, MHG's, Razors, Conquests etc. They are pretty darn close to Meostar.

As far as the Schott moniker, keep in mind Schott offers around 14 levels of HT glass including Ultra HT, so there are plenty of glass makers with products equal to many of the HT line. We really don't know which line of HT Tract uses, but yes it's good.

The only knock I had on them was their advertised FOV which is a bit narrow compared to some of their competition, but after reading up on them many tests have shown they are actually a wider FOV than listed.

I just received some 12.5's from them last night and my initial impression was the clarity and color transmission is remarkable. Build is solid. Armor is very good. The chassis are Magnesium where many in their class are Aluminum. I'll have to give them a thorough work out to comment further.

Tract has been around 7 or 8 years now and they still get great reviews. From my experience they are at least equal to most of the Japanese sub-alpha's like Maven, MHG's, Razors, Conquests etc. They are pretty darn close to Meostar.

As far as the Schott moniker, keep in mind Schott offers around 14 levels of HT glass including Ultra HT, so there are plenty of glass makers with products equal to many of the HT line. We really don't know which line of HT Tract uses, but yes it's good.

The only knock I had on them was their advertised FOV which is a bit narrow compared to some of their competition, but after reading up on them many tests have shown they are actually a wider FOV than listed.

I just received some 12.5's from them last night and my initial impression was the clarity and color transmission is remarkable. Build is solid. Armor is very good. The chassis are Magnesium where many in their class are Aluminum. I'll have to give them a thorough work out to comment further.
Would love to hear your thoughts/feedback after getting a few days on these

One thing I was going to ask them when I call here in a moment is I noticed the 12.5s have a magnesium housing and it says the 15s are a polymer. That right there will probably sway me towards the 12.5s'

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
One thing I was going to ask them when I call here in a moment is I noticed the 12.5s have a magnesium housing and it says the 15s are a polymer. That right there will probably sway me towards the 12.5s'
Yeah, it did me as well. In this day and age the polymer housings are pretty stout and true, but magnesium is obviously top shelf construction. The other thing that pushed me to the 12.5s was the fact I can still hand hold decently and they are much lighter and compact. 15s would be almost spotter only duty where the 12.5s can still do it all.

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
And I had a chance to scout a group of nice bucks last night in a bean field by my house. I did a side by side with my Conquests and the new Torics (attempting to disregard the magnification difference), the Torics were pretty impressive optically. The clarity and color rendition a was right on par with the Zeiss which happen to be one of my go-to favorites for scouting. The view out of the Tract is really, really good and pleasing to the eye. I can see myself using these a bunch this season even if I don't need that magnification. They hand held better than expected.

And I had a chance to scout a group of nice bucks last night in a bean field by my house. I did a side by side with my Conquests and the new Torics (attempting to disregard the magnification difference), the Torics were pretty impressive optically. The clarity and color rendition a was right on par with the Zeiss which happen to be one of my go-to favorites for scouting. The view out of the Tract is really, really good and pleasing to the eye. I can see myself using these a bunch this season even if I don't need that magnification. They hand held better than expected.
That is good to know. I haven't heard much negative about the Tract binos other than the barrels don't adjust close enough for some of the Beetlejuice headed people.😆 My head is as big as they get so it shouldn't be a problem for me.
I would like to hear of a comparison between the 12.5's vs any decent 15's as far as being able to see details at distance. If the 12.5s have a wider field of view than 15's that might make up the difference.