Maven .6 LPVO Newest Newer New Model

I wish they put a useful reticle on the RS.2
I wish they would make it reliable and hold zero. I never tested it myself when I had one and didn't ever see any huge shifts making me think it lost zero, but enough people like those that if they held zero I think we'd have heard about it.

z987k

WKR
I wish they would make it reliable and hold zero. I never tested it myself when I had one and didn't ever see any huge shifts making me think it lost zero, but enough people like those that if they held zero I think we'd have heard about it.
I don't think there's any hard evidence either way.
There was like 1 trijicon drop test done and people seem to think all of them are good.

Reactions: BLJ
There was like 1 trijicon drop test done and people seem to think all of them are good.
That is true. I'd be confident in buying a tenmile if there weren't other options since that one has held up so long through Form's use. I'd still drop test my own though!

Sevens

WKR
And the Trijicon that got flung out of a moving vehicle while on safari in Uganda. Guy was able to finish up the Safari and, I believe, only had to make a small adjustment to zero.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU

Thats not correct. There has been 7-8 Tenmiles that have went through the full drop eval- granted only two were written on the thread; two 2.5-15x Credo’s, a 3-9x Huron, and a 3-9x Credo. The Credo 1-8x FFP’s have been used extensively and are solid scopes.

Trijicon’s scopes in general have proven to be consistently reliable and durable, and while not all may be bomb proof, they are about what people expect a good scope to be.

Macintosh

WKR
My impression is that these ffp lpvo scopes are marketed mainly at 3-gun competition shooters. Im not up to speed on actual mil use, but the folks I know personally who are more “modern” arent using scopes like this. Is my impression correct that these scopes are built for 3-gun and similar competition format?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
My impression is that these ffp lpvo scopes are marketed mainly at 3-gun competition shooters. Im not up to speed on actual mil use, but the folks I know personally who are more “modern” arent using scopes like this. Is my impression correct that these scopes are built for 3-gun and similar competition format?

Some are made for 3-gun, some aren’t.

The standard issue optic for SOCOM is the NF 1-8x FFP mil/mil ATACR, the issued optic for all close combat forces in the USMC is the Trijicon VCOG 1-8x FFP mil/mil; the Army is behind, but the next gen scope is a 1-8x- and the SDM scope is a Sig 1-6x that is being used often enough on M4’s.