Mathews V3X any cons or problems?

FNG
I have a VXR 28 and a V3X 29, both great bows. The only problem with the V3X 29 is that performance wise its no better than the Vertix, VXR or V3. Its a few fps slower than my VXR 28. If you want to use the bridgelock then the V3X is the only option. The stay afield system is pretty nice as well. Otherwise, you might look into a vertix/vxr/v3 for a good price or wait and see what Mathews releases next month.

Only issue I think youll probably hear is about the zebra strings, but thats not specific to the V3X. I change strings yearly and have always went the first year with the zebras without any issues. Others change the zebras out as soon as they buy the bow.

Also not V3X specific, sometimes the bearings go bad in the cams, but if you are the original owner Mathews will cover that under warranty and send a whole new cam. A lot of that is, IMO, people overtightening the axle screws.
I purchased the V3X 29 last year and I just replaced the strings this year with another set of zebra strings because it was starting to fray already. Have you had better luck with a different brand?

I purchased the V3X 29 last year and I just replaced the strings this year with another set of zebra strings because it was starting to fray already. Have you had better luck with a different brand?

Last 10 or so sets Ive used either Threadz or Catfish, no complants with either. I do prefer Catfish, mostly because of string material options - but thats sort of the reason Threadz pumps out strings usually next business day - streamlined building process. My V3X just hit a year, and Im about to take the zebras off. I bought 3 different strings. Im going to restring all 3 bows as soon as hunting season ends to see how each holds up over a year, and try to shoot each somewhat equally. A3 is bloodline, catfish is x99 and Threadz is 452.

Attachments

• 56090568-C1CF-4A1A-9969-351E3824F264.jpeg
    56090568-C1CF-4A1A-9969-351E3824F264.jpeg
    345.1 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: 906

Pramo

WKR
Zerbra's are really hit or miss, got 2 years from them on a VXR 31.5 and less than 5 months on my V3x 33. The v3x had constant peep rotation issues and lost 3 pounds of draw weight, got tired of pressing the bow so I swapped them out. For aftermarket I use Gas bowstrings and have had good luck

Reactions: 906

FNG
I did gain more speed with the new strings so there must've been quite a bit of stretch in them. Also, there was a lot of peep rotation like you mentioned Pramo.

BowHiking

FNG
I shoot the V3X 33. I replaced the Zebra strings with ABB Platinums after they wore through. Recently I had a limb splinter, (~10 months of shooting 5 days a week), but Mathews took care of me and replaced the limbs free of charge through my local pro shop. I have a long draw length and my draw weight is ~72lbs so this could have played a part in it. The bow has never been dry fired.

My local shop said they have seen a few V3X's come in with limb splinters however.. hoping this won't be an issue that comes up again.

I shoot the V3X 33. I replaced the Zebra strings with ABB Platinums after they wore through. Recently I had a limb splinter, (~10 months of shooting 5 days a week), but Mathews took care of me and replaced the limbs free of charge through my local pro shop. I have a long draw length and my draw weight is ~72lbs so this could have played a part in it. The bow has never been dry fired.

My local shop said they have seen a few V3X's come in with limb splinters however.. hoping this won't be an issue that comes up again.

Sweet, glad i replaced a splintering limb bowtech with a v3x 33..

I just purchased my V3X 33 and mounted a Garmin A1I Pro. I had to separately buy from Garmin the adapter to utilize the bridgelock system. It does balance the bow a lot better opposed to mounting this sight on the side. I also have a low pro quiver and Mathews integrated arrow rest. The bow is heavier because of the sight but it really does balance well and as you know shoots very well.
been thinking about trying the garmin

Luked

WKR
Had mine a little over a year now.
Mine is a V3X 33.

I really like mine a lot.
Kept it longer than I keep most bows.
My biggest con is the dealer network around me.
The dealer i bought my bow from went out of business when the owner passed away.
Now a new guy has it and is a jack ass.

The only other dealer close is almost an hour from me.

New bow Ill buy will be an Elite or Prime.