Mathews Switchback XT

lgard

FNG
Im looking for a backup bow and have pretty well decided on the switchback XT. A single cam is a nice break from these new dual cam bows. Im curious if the riser on these bows have a tendency to cover up a 2 inch housing like most of the newer bows. It isnt a deal breaker but it drives me insane on my new bowtech. Just a personal tick of mine. Also with it being older, do dealers have access to parts for these? Ive heard some guys selling older bows for lack of new parts. Any leads on one would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

hiker270

WKR
Right now there are 9 of them for sale on Ebay. I had a Switchback XT was an excellent shooting bow (Gave it to my nephew).

Parts still available.

I have an MQ-32 that I can still get parts for, that's one thing Mathews offers that other companies don't, they keep parts inventory.
Stuff is getting expensive tho, but it's available.

I can't recall if the riser covers anything or not, I doubt it. But I don't notice it on the newer bows either so I'm not one to trust on that aspect.

I don't remember the riser coving anything but it's been awhile since I shot one. Had a switchback xt loved that bow and should have kept it for a back up

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
lgard

lgard

FNG
Sight picture is an issue on my part im sure. Just have to start shooting both eyes open like I shouldve done from the start.

OP
lgard

lgard

FNG
I have 3 identical Switchback XT’s. The only difference between them is the sight setups for different hunting situations.

Awesome bows.
What are the different setups?

I have a switchback xt I use as a backup. Got a new 30 inch cam and had to get a new idler cam also. The bearing in the idler was wore out when I got it and rattled. Bump the bow you will know.
New vapor trail strings. It’s solid now and so quiet.

I also shoot an XT as a backup. My sight housing is 1.8” and I have nothing blocked.

great bow. Doubt I’ll ever sell it. Owned since new and it was my main bow from the time it fist sold until I bought a new VXR. Love the VXR, but the XT is still smoother and quieter.

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
Have had a switchback xt since new. Just upgraded to a Hoyt ventum pro 30 last year. Still a great bow and is now my backup hunting/ primary indoor league bow. Dusted the old girl off last week and took second in a local shoot in fact. Hard to find a smoother drawing and shooting bow, even if she is on the slow side.

Before I got the hoyt I did price out upgrading to a set of 70lb limbs and holy cow grab your ankles.

I will admit. I shoot a v3x and it’s a great bow. The sxt is not a mile behind it. It’s still quiet and plenty fast for what I do. Deer and pigs in corn at 20-30.

OP
lgard

lgard

FNG
Basically:
5 pin sight for western hunts.
3 pin sight for most eastern hunting.
1 pin sight for blinds on feeders in Texas.
Ill be running a SH Hogg Father 3 pin. My thought was that it would cover all those above. Locked down for saddle hunts. Use the slider on western hunts and spot and stalk hogs here in the swamps. We will see.

I’ve got 2 that I shoot. One is set up with a lighter arrow and a 3 pin Black Gold slider. The other is set up for a heavier arrow with a fixed 5 pin. I switch them up at targets, shoot the lighter, faster set up at deer. The heavier one will be for elk in timber. The one shooting the heavier arrows is much quieter. And I have a third one that I’ve never shot!

CRBTBB711

FNG
I shoot a switchback XT as my primary bow. I got a prime inline 5 but the more I shot it the more I continue to prefer my Matthews, so now my prime is my back up. I have a 2 inch housing on my black gold custom four pin site. Works great.