Mathews phase4 29&33

Given that the only change is adding more bridgelock and splitting the limbs... I'd say Mathews is honing in on a good system because they didn't change the riser or the cams... That could actually be a big positive.

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
Those stabilizers are hideous. I think they missed the mark this year and that’s coming from a Mathews Fan Boi. If I had money to spend I’d buy the Mach 34 over the Phase 4.

TheTone

WKR
The Image looks like a great new option for light draw. I’d always been disappointed with Mathews offerings in that area. I could see my wife really liking one, which could have the benefit of allowing me a new bow also

Looking forward to the threads from summer 2023 of people leaving these in their car only to find the rubber between the limbs melted.

OutdoorAg

WKR
Looking forward to the threads from summer 2023 of people leaving these in their car only to find the rubber between the limbs melted.
How would the rubber between the limbs be any different than the weather proof rubber on other parts of the bow?

I mean, I get the "Its new so I'm going to be skeptical" thing...but melting? Come on now.

The yearly Bashing of The Mathews Flagship is about as stupid as the yearly Debut of the new/not new Mathew Flagship.

Both groups need to chill.

I doubt the rubber will fair worse than the fibers if the bow actually got that hot.

Tho likely many don't notice when their string and cable creep.

I'm actually wondering now if this won't improve the limbs. I assume they will be thicker, so it's possible they are more durable? Then dampners up against them might help relieve some stresses or stress from extended vibration rather.

I see a dry fire competition coming up....

Wheels

WKR
ELKSHAPE did a video on it and shot it side by side with the V3X, it’s a bit quieter but slower than the V3X.

ELKSHAPE did a video on it and shot it side by side with the V3X, it’s a bit quieter but slower than the V3X.

I’m going to assume the quieter claim is new bow bias. Seeing what your mind wants you to see. The v3x is damn quiet. How can you get quieter than quite. Not buying that. Only way to truly know is to measure sound with a decibel meter and speed with a chronograph

Marble

WKR
Typically manufacturers put their products in a testing room/chamber that have the ability to simulate conditions to accelerate the affects heat/cold and time have on parts. I would be interested to see the testing done to ensure durability.

And leaving any modern bow in a vehicle, in summertime, is asking for the bow to explode/delaminate. I hear of it happening every year.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I’m going to assume the quieter claim is new bow bias. Seeing what your mind wants you to see. The v3x is damn quiet. How can you get quieter than quite. Not buying that. Only way to truly know is to measure sound with a decibel meter and speed with a chronograph

"quiet" is a matter of several factors and how you as an individual perceive them.

Suppressor manufacturers play this game. They all use a calibrated sound device that ultimately says "this item produces X decibels" BUT the emitted tones are what you as the end user will be perceiving. The tones you perceive are dependent on the direct the device in question. What direction is the sound emitted? What range were those tones emitted in?

Theoretically something could be 130 db pulse but outside of your hearing range and then another similar object could emit a pulse wave of 110 db could be "louder"

I don't mind the bow, but a little bit annoying that to utilize a front and rear stab with the new bridge-lok tech from Mathews you are looking at about 800$ all said and done.

Yeah, I'm not convinced that their bridgelock system is any sort of improvement over a standard stabilizer. Certainly not for that kinda cash. IF they wanted an adjustable length stab, they should have employed a twist/lock type adjustable stab that can adjust just like the legs of a tripod

TheTone

WKR
Yeah, I'm not convinced that their bridgelock system is any sort of improvement over a standard stabilizer. Certainly not for that kinda cash. IF they wanted an adjustable length stab, they should have employed a twist/lock type adjustable stab that can adjust just like the legs of a tripod
But someone also makes a stab with twist locks so they couldn’t innovate it

The way the end caps lock together is kinda cool.

I’m sure other companies will make bridgleock stabilizers as well to give more options. Listening to their engineer try to explain why it’s better than a traditional stabilizer was funny to me

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
Shot the Phase 4 a few days ago. Not a huge improvement over the V3X. If I had purchased a V3X, I would not upgrade to the Phase 4, but since I don't have a V3X, I ordered the Phase 4. Lots of chatter on this bow, lots of claims too, but the bow felt good, shot nice so I placed an order. Accessories are overpriced, but they do meld well with the bow making it pretty sleek. Overall I think it will be a good bow.

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
I love my V3x-33 . When I was reading about this bow I thought it was interesting that they really just made last years bow with some very odd tweaks . It may be amazing , last years bow was amazing . Quite frankly….. most bows being sold now are pretty incredible

Long time Mathews fan and owner here. I don't see any problems at all with the Phase 4 and the continual bashers with the same take every year get super old. Why radically change one of the most popular arguably the nicest archery hunting platform in history. That said, I'm not sure the upgrades are tempting enough me to trade in my V3. I do think the absurdly priced accessories are worthy of criticism however.

Marble

WKR
Long time Mathews fan and owner here. I don't see any problems at all with the Phase 4 and the continual bashers with the same take every year get super old. Why radically change one of the most popular arguably the nicest archery hunting platform in history. That said, I'm not sure the upgrades are tempting enough me to trade in my V3. I do think the absurdly priced accessories are worthy of criticism however.
They're just trying to keep up with Hoyt!

Just messing with you. I read through the comments above and had the same thoughts. Get it in your hand, shoot it and then provide feedback.

Like said earlier, thinking back to just 8 years ago,the bows we have available to us today are quite amazing.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk