Mathew’s lift speed at 25”DL?

Brad873

FNG
Has anyone chrono’d a lift at short draw lengths? Specifically 25” 70lbs draw, 405grn arrow? I’m curious if the speed falls off at the bottom of the draw length and how the speed compares to a bowtech Solution SD.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
My buddies is at 60 pounds 26 inches slung a 500 grain arrow 242 fps through a pro chrono with a light kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

312 fps, 26.5" 65# 80% mod @ 5 gr pp.

A 405 gr shaft @ 25" and 70# should be 275-280 fps.

Those numbers are probably close to an actual 27" and 67#, but I didn't check it.

I did help with reckoning SD, and thought the speed was pretty underwhelming.

OP
B

Brad873

FNG
I’m getting around 237fps out of my solution SD. Sounds like a lift would be considerably faster. Might have to start saving up and look for a used one next spring. Thanks for the info!

Zac

WKR
I’m getting around 237fps out of my solution SD. Sounds like a lift would be considerably faster. Might have to start saving up and look for a used one next spring. Thanks for the info!
If you just want speed there are much faster bows out there.

OP
B

Brad873

FNG
If you just want speed there are much faster bows out there.
Please do tell. I’d like to stay at 70lb draw or less. No 80lbs for this old guy! lol. I have only shot a few what were considered fast short draw bows in the last 5 or so years. So far the solution SD has been the fastest at 25”, 70lbs and around 405gr arrow. I keep thinking there has to be something better. I even have a custom built bowtech equalizer with 70lb limbs that I thought would be faster. It maybe 2 to 3fps faster, but that’s about it.

Zac

WKR
Please do tell. I’d like to stay at 70lb draw or less. No 80lbs for this old guy! lol. I have only shot a few what were considered fast short draw bows in the last 5 or so years. So far the solution SD has been the fastest at 25”, 70lbs and around 405gr arrow. I keep thinking there has to be something better. I even have a custom built bowtech equalizer with 70lb limbs that I thought would be faster. It maybe 2 to 3fps faster, but that’s about it.
PSE Omen, Any of the PSE Mach's, Bowtech's new Core, or the old SR 350. Omnia, RX8, probably a pile of other ones I'm missing.

OP
B

Brad873

FNG
PSE Omen, Any of the PSE Mach's, Bowtech's new Core, or the old SR 350. Omnia, RX8, probably a pile of other ones I'm missing.
I’ve never shot any of the PSE bows burned like to. I really doubt the SR350 is any faster than the solution at 25” DL. I’d have to see some real data where someone shot any of these at 25” to really believe it. You can’t go off the IBO speed of the bow when your that short of a draw.

Mathews TX-5 70# 65% let off and actual 25" DL should have you around 285 fps with 405 gr arrow.

Older bow, they pop up every so often. Pretty short BH, but if you want speed with short DL, it's an option.

OP
B

Brad873

FNG
Mathews TX-5 70# 65% let off and actual 25" DL should have you around 285 fps with 405 gr arrow.

Older bow, they pop up every so often. Pretty short BH, but if you want speed with short DL, it's an option.
I might have to keep my eyes out for one to pick up.

ATL

FNG
Just for comparison. I shoot a Lift 29.5 at 27”/67#/85% LO with a 403gr. arrow at 281 fps. I would guess at 25” draw my bow/ arrow combination would be close to 263 fps.

Zac

WKR
I’ve never shot any of the PSE bows burned like to. I really doubt the SR350 is any faster than the solution at 25” DL. I’d have to see some real data where someone shot any of these at 25” to really believe it. You can’t go off the IBO speed of the bow when your that short of a draw.
All of those bows beat your solution. You’re not gonna find any reviews at 25 inches. Why don’t you just take your arrow into a shop and shoot through the chrono?

OP
B

Brad873

FNG
Just for comparison. I shoot a Lift 29.5 at 27”/67#/85% LO with a 403gr. arrow at 281 fps. I would guess at 25” draw my bow/ arrow combination would be close to 263 fps.

All of those bows beat your solution. You’re not gonna find any reviews at 25 inches. Why don’t you just take your arrow into a shop and shoot through the chrono?
That would be easy if I had a bow shop closer than 2 hours away. Also, I know the bowtechs are adjustable without mods. I don’t believe Mathew’s are so the dealer would have to have 25” mods, which aren’t a common stocked item. I need to look up the PSE cam set ups to see if they require module changes for DL change.

Zac

WKR
That would be easy if I had a bow shop closer than 2 hours away. Also, I know the bowtechs are adjustable without mods. I don’t believe Mathew’s are so the dealer would have to have 25” mods, which aren’t a common stocked item. I need to look up the PSE cam set ups to see if they require module changes for DL change.
No they are a rotating mod, Prime and Mathews are the only ones using draw length specific mods. I don’t know where you got the idea that the Mathews was what you needed for speed. They’ve been the slowest bow for a while now. The reviews that I’ve seen haven’t resulted in speeds much higher than the phase 4. I’m sure you would be very pleased with it though. Looks like a fantastic rig.

OP
B

Brad873

FNG
No they are a rotating mod, Prime and Mathews are the only ones using draw length specific mods. I don’t know where you got the idea that the Mathews was what you needed for speed. They’ve been the slowest bow for a while now. The reviews that I’ve seen haven’t resulted in speeds much higher than the phase 4. I’m sure you would be very pleased with it though. Looks like a fantastic rig.
I’d been told by a few people (on line) that the lift was real fast at short draw lengths. Of course thinking about it ,they are also sponsored by Mathew’s. I’ve always stayed away from Mathew’s due to how easy other bows were to tune. My solution is great if I want to start tinkering with arrows weights, or if I have to put on a new string. It’s just now as fast as I’d like. I’d feel a lot better huntimg
Elk in northern Idaho if I could get a 400 or more grain arrow moving over 260fps.

Zac

WKR
Could be true, I’d call Spokan Valley Archery and ask one of the techs. They sell a pile of them.

Zac

WKR
I’d been told by a few people (on line) that the lift was real fast at short draw lengths. Of course thinking about it ,they are also sponsored by Mathew’s. I’ve always stayed away from Mathew’s due to how easy other bows were to tune. My solution is great if I want to start tinkering with arrows weights, or if I have to put on a new string. It’s just now as fast as I’d like. I’d feel a lot better huntimg
Elk in northern Idaho if I could get a 400 or more grain arrow moving over 260fps.
Now that I think about it you’re going to have to go to a shop to buy a Mathew’s anyway. No one is gonna ship one to your door. Where do you live?

OP
B

Brad873

FNG
Now that I think about it you’re going to have to go to a shop to buy a Mathew’s anyway. No one is gonna ship one to your door. Where do you live?
My plan was to hopefully find someone that’s shot the lift at 25” (or very close to that) so I have real life data. Then start looking for a used one this winter. ATL posted above that he’s shooting a lift 29.5 at 26”, 404gr arrow at 283fps. That’s exactly the info I’m looking for. That tells me it should be around 260fps at 25”. That may not be the fastest bow at 25” DL, but it shows me there are bows out there that will get me over 260fps and still keep my arrow over 400gr. I just need to find people
That have shot other bows at 25” (or close) DL and what speeds they are getting so I have an idea of what’s out there. My original thought making this post was the lift was one of the faster bows at short draw. It sounds like there are others I wasn’t aware of and need to find ways to get actual speed data on. I really don’t want to buy a new bow. I’d rather figure out what bow(s) will get in the speed range I’m looking for and then start watching the internet for a used one

Zac

WKR
N
My plan was to hopefully find someone that’s shot the lift at 25” (or very close to that) so I have real life data. Then start looking for a used one this winter. ATL posted above that he’s shooting a lift 29.5 at 26”, 404gr arrow at 283fps. That’s exactly the info I’m looking for. That tells me it should be around 260fps at 25”. That may not be the fastest bow at 25” DL, but it shows me there are bows out there that will get me over 260fps and still keep my arrow over 400gr. I just need to find people
That have shot other bows at 25” (or close) DL and what speeds they are getting so I have an idea of what’s out there. My original thought making this post was the lift was one of the faster bows at short draw. It sounds like there are others I wasn’t aware of and need to find ways to get actual speed data on. I really don’t want to buy a new bow. I’d rather figure out what bow(s) will get in the speed range I’m looking for and then start watching the internet for a used one
Not a bad plan. Efficiency should be better on a draw length specific mod. So you could be correct. I know that is why some companies use to make draw specific cams. Anyways I don’t think the Lift has a prayer of ever catching an Omen, or Mach series at any length.