Matchmaster vs Chargemaster supreme!!!

Bcreek86

FNG
Well I decided to give the Matchmaster a go!! I’m gonna keep it short and sweet! It’s accurate, faster and can throw 570 with .04 with it tuned… that being said the price difference from the chargemaster supreme is not worth it. 82gn of 8133 while the match is faster I measured multiple throws from the CM on the MM scale and .06 was the max it was off an that was only twice out of 15 charges most were on the money to .04. Save your money in my opinion if you have to e supreme already. If you’re on the fence with the Supreme I’d say get it. I’m gonna run the match for a little bit but I’m surely taking the next step in the near future to a V4 or possibly when the smoke settles a supertrickler. So much for short and sweet!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 75

SDHNTR

WKR
Totally opposite of my experience. I love my Matchmaster and hated my Chargemaster. It’s much more accurate and faster.

Zero interest in the Autotrickler until they refine it into one unit that doesn’t require assembly. It needs to be brought from garage engineered to professional production status IMO.

Totally opposite of my experience. I love my Matchmaster and hated my Chargemaster. It’s much more accurate and faster.

Zero interest in the Autotrickler until they refine it into one unit that doesn’t require assembly. It needs to be brought from garage engineered to professional production status IMO.
Isn't that what they did with the v4?

SDHNTR

WKR
not really. You still need a separate scale and it needs assembly. The thing still looks like Frankenstein put it together.

OP
Bcreek86

Bcreek86

FNG

Did you have the chargemaster supreme? Or a different chargemaster? I don’t have an opinion on how it performs against other chargemasters! My experience was the are both great but not almost 500$ better! I don’t see how a matchmaster can compare to a V4 or the supertrickler tho. Like comparing and amp against a benchsource both get the job done in my opinion but it’s in a different class.

SDHNTR

WKR
I dunno which Chargemaster I had. I know it wasn’t the Lite version…

Slugz

WKR
Did you have the chargemaster supreme? Or a different chargemaster? I don’t have an opinion on how it performs against other chargemasters! My experience was the are both great but not almost 500$ better! I don’t see how a matchmaster can compare to a V4 or the supertrickler tho. Like comparing and amp against a benchsource both get the job done in my opinion but it’s in a different class.
I got tired of the keypads in my RCBS products having an issue after a few years.

OP
Bcreek86

Bcreek86

FNG
I got tired of the keypads in my RCBS products having an issue after a few years.
The new ones you can use your phone or an iPad to control it. I use both. It’s pretty handy. Haven’t had any issues with the app. I wish the app was better but maybe in time. And the buttons are digital. I think there should be a thread for the matchmaster, People sharing what numbers they have come up with to fine tune certain powders!

Man, I still use my OG chargemaster 1500 for some one off loads and throwing muzzleloader charges. Yeah, it over trickles sometimes but not the end of the world. I did weigh a handful of charges on my FX120i to see how close they were and i'm not shooting the difference a couple kernels makes.

Matchmaster is a tough sell at those prices though compared to autotrickler.

I've posted this before. But what my charge master does.
I warm it up
Whipe it down with anti static sheets
Leave an anti static sheet under it.
Do the full calibration.
I'll be somewhere around charge 30.
Put the pan back on and it will show 3-4 grains and not dispense until I zero it.

Well wth charge is correct. The first 30. The last 30 who knows.
I don't car if 42 grains is a correct 42 grains. I just want it to throw the same charge every time.

SDHNTR

WKR
Matchmaster is a tough sell at those prices though compared to autotrickler.
It wasn’t for me. The Matchmaster is made by a large company that knows how to package and deliver a product. The Autotrickler is still in prototype, garage level engineering, stages to me. Requires assembly. Requires multiple parts cobbled together. Working mechanisms are exposed. It may function wonderfully, but until it’s one unit that you pull out of the box, set on the bench, calibrate, and start loading, to me, it’s stuck in the minor leagues.

It wasn’t for me. The Matchmaster is made by a large company that knows how to package and deliver a product. The Autotrickler is still in prototype, garage level engineering, stages to me. Requires assembly. Requires multiple parts cobbled together. Working mechanisms are exposed. It may function wonderfully, but until it’s one unit that you pull out of the box, set on the bench, calibrate, and start loading, to me, it’s stuck in the minor leagues.

Ok, if you need to box something up and move it around a lot I can understand. If it just sits on a bench those are odd concerns.

OP
Bcreek86

Bcreek86

FNG
I like the matchmaster so far. It’s doing a good job. I also think the autotricklers are great and are well past the “prototype” stage they are on the V4 now…improving on the previous versions isn’t considered prototype to me. That’s like saying every version of an rcbs thrower that is improved is just the same. If I was to upgrade from the Matchmaster in probably go with a SuperTrickler. Much more streamlined and well thought out…I’m gonna let the dust settle. Let them slow down on firmware updates and maybe catch up on ordering im thinking next year they will have a few thousand in hands of people and have all the kinks worked out then I will probably give it a go. That being said it will most likely accomplish the same overall goal(maybe slower) as a matchmaster. Cant ask for much better than a 15ES over 10 shots in a hunting/nrl/prs setup and my matchmaster does that, that being said, I now own a amp and that has made the single biggest difference in consistency. So it only made my matchmaster look better. I do also have the same issue with the scale not wanting to zero after 40 loads or so. I just pull the pan off zero the scale put the pan back on and if it’s the same number I just zero and keep going. I’m not seeing a difference in the field. So it must be working. So many other factors play into reloading not just the thrower. But to each their own. If you got the means buy what you want and enjoy the continued ingenuity and keep the progress of shooting sports moving in a forward direction. It’s the constant price increases of everything i don’t like and seems that this new engineering is just pricing the regular guy out….but that still doesn’t mean you can’t produce fantastic ammo on a rockchucker and hand trickling. I did for years.

Well I decided to give the Matchmaster a go!! I’m gonna keep it short and sweet! It’s accurate, faster and can throw 570 with .04 with it tuned… that being said the price difference from the chargemaster supreme is not worth it. 82gn of 8133 while the match is faster I measured multiple throws from the CM on the MM scale and .06 was the max it was off an that was only twice out of 15 charges most were on the money to .04. Save your money in my opinion if you have to e supreme already. If you’re on the fence with the Supreme I’d say get it. I’m gonna run the match for a little bit but I’m surely taking the next step in the near future to a V4 or possibly when the smoke settles a supertrickler. So much for short and sweet!

I know this tread is a little old, but two questions for you.
1) do you run into issues with N570 getting stuck in the small trickle tube? I do and it drives me nuts, just not sure if it's only me having the issue.
2) what do your N570 tune settings look like? I tried to tune mine and still end up having it stop about .6gn lite and manually put a kernel in until it's where I want it

Thanks!

OP
Bcreek86

Bcreek86

FNG
I know this tread is a little old, but two questions for you.
1) do you run into issues with N570 getting stuck in the small trickle tube? I do and it drives me nuts, just not sure if it's only me having the issue.
2) what do your N570 tune settings look like? I tried to tune mine and still end up having it stop about .6gn lite and manually put a kernel in until it's where I want it

Thanks!
Yes I do every once in a while. Usually a little flick gets it going…. Other powders do it as well.

Attachments

• 73135018-99AA-4BA5-BCB4-45ED7A0FBC46.png
    73135018-99AA-4BA5-BCB4-45ED7A0FBC46.png
    239.5 KB · Views: 9
  • D5B42F87-9744-41F0-8A40-20367831590B.png
    D5B42F87-9744-41F0-8A40-20367831590B.png
    228.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 1CEB0D61-289F-45A5-B3FE-67BE3DF39B99.png
    1CEB0D61-289F-45A5-B3FE-67BE3DF39B99.png
    219.4 KB · Views: 9