Marmot tungsten 2p. How is this?

Looking for reviews on the marmot tungsten 2P tent. Mainly concerned I guess with waterproof and durability. Thanks for your input.

EcoastDG

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 of 3p. Used it on a few backcountry hunts (Montana and Colorado) and a bunch of family camping trips. On one particular family beach trip, my wife and I were split between the 2 tents with our kids. A big thunderstorm with hellacious winds and tons of rain came through the campground one evening. My wife and I were texting each other as we watched the water level slowly rise praying the seams would hold on the tent bed. The water got to about one inch to the bottom of the doorway then thankfully the storm subsided. Not one leak! Since that experience, I have been through a few other rainstorms and one surprise snowstorm. I have complete confidence in those tents.

RJC

Lil-Rokslider
I honestly can't say enough good things about this tent. I've had mine for at least 5 years now and I just slept dry through a storm a few weeks back. It's been through many music festivals, fishing trips, hunting trips and any other reason I've needed a tent over the years. It's awesome.

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased this tent to use this year. Set it up once, and seems like a good tent? Would you guys that have used them recommend spraying them with a silicone sealant?

KClark

WKR
I had the 3P for 5 years and it's performed great. I gave it 2 coats of Camp Dry before I used it and another single coat 2 years later and it's been totally waterproof in rain and snow. Stands up good in high winds, is easy to set up and with 2 vestibules it's very roomy. It'd be a little heavy for backpacking but for it's weight class it does well. I guess the best thing I can say about it is I have no plans to replace it.

Ratbeetle

WKR
I have the 4p and it's a great tent. Used it for everything from car camping to backpacking on the 4 pass loop here in CO. Felt every bit of that 8lb sucker, but when you have a dog that is bigger than a small adult human...

Bringing it out this weekend for a couple day backpacking trip with the family.

The tungstens are a bit on the heavy side but the construction is solid and ours has been bombproof. You could do much worse.

jdubrr

Lil-Rokslider
I've had the 2P for approx 5 years and it's been through several rain storms, one of them very windy where I had to put my forearm up to keep the top of the tent from touching my face. Well that was my fault I forgot to attach the rain fly to the tent poles with the provided velcro. It never got wet inside and all things considered it held up pretty good. I just seam sealed the rain fly at the beginning of the year hoping to get a few more years of use out of it.

Broadhead

FNG
I've used the 2P for the last 3 elk seasons in CO and some family trips in between. Never had an issue with leaks or punctures. I always make sure I use the footprint. The tent is a little on the heavy side, but comes with a lot of inside space and the dual vestibules are nice and roomy. I switched to a 1P Big Agnes to save approx. 2 pounds this year.

Logan80

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 3P and my sister and friend both own the 2P. Amazingly good tent for the price. Been in some serious wind storms with mine and it did great.