Mark V Backcountry 2.0 Ti

Which caliber for a lightweight rifle would you prefer?

• Total voters

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
If you like to shoot, not just hunt, ammo availability and cost can impact your decision. I had two rifles in Weatherby chamberings, 240 and 257 Wby mag, and ammo was very hard to find and always expensive. I do handload but Wby loads to max pressure so it's not always easy to match factory velocities. 308 is available all over the world, probably the #1 cartridge internationally.

TURNER208

FNG
I just purchased a Weatherby Backcountry 2.0 in .308 Winchester with the steel receive….. It is really light weight, maybe to light….. I am glad I went with the steel receiver vs the titanium receiver…. The extra weight savings just does not justify the added cost of the titanium in my opinion……
How does this shoot for you?

Well to be perfectly honest it does not group well for me… I sent it back to Weatherby and ended paying to have it evaluated under warranty. .It placed 3 rounds into about .38 inches… on their test target. As a consequence I ended up paying for the accuracy test. For me the rifle is just to light, I am going back to my rifles that weigh 6.5to 7.5 lbs.

BjornF16

WKR
Well to be perfectly honest it does not group well for me… I sent it back to Weatherby and ended paying to have it evaluated under warranty. .It placed 3 rounds into about .38 inches… on their test target. As a consequence I ended up paying for the accuracy test. For me the rifle is just to light, I am going back to my rifles that weigh 6.5to 7.5 lbs.
Did you send ammo back with it or did they use ammo they had on hand?

If they used theirs, what were they shooting?

rdb83

FNG
My wife bought me a back country ti in 6.5 rpm last year. I personally love it. It's like 5.8 lbs with optics if I remember correctly. Shoots great and it's awesome to pack all day. I did shot a mule deer with it last year and dropped it in his tracks.

stevevan

WKR
My wife bought me a back country ti in 6.5 rpm last year. I personally love it. It's like 5.8 lbs with optics if I remember correctly. Shoots great and it's awesome to pack all day. I did shot a mule deer with it last year and dropped it in his tracks.
7-08

wyosteve

WKR
I just got back from an aoudad hunt with my Backcountry Ti 6.5 RPM. Shoots wonderfully. 1 shot, 375 yards, 127 Barnes factory ammo. Ram down!