Mapping / Waypoint Color Coding Strategies

NMBigGame

FNG
Decided I need to be more organized with my waypoints and area highlights in my maps. I currently use OnX primarily but do use GoHunt maps for some nuanced things they provided.

What strategies are people using for color coding waypoints?

I've used different colors for different species. I've used certain colors for potential spots vs verified spots. I've used different colors for different units. But none of my strategies are very satisfying. Anyone have a solid coloring strategy they'd like to share?

wapitibob

WKR
I do most all my scouting in google earth pro, data sorted by state, then hunt unit and species. I use a few different colors but the lines or paths are named so the color doesn't do much. Waypoints are all the same and named as well.
For onX I sort data into species-unit folders and again most everything is named. I do use colors for open and closed roads for hma/tma areas.

topsnteal

FNG
I also do folders on OnX for different pursuits, use the different waypoint icons for different stuff (access, water, roost tree, scratching, etc), and use colors for stuff I have scouted, stuff I want to scout, and public vs private.