Manners Recoil Lug Interference

SloppyJ

WKR
I have a LRH with the mini chassis and I'm going to bed the recoil lug. My gun is currently in PRS mode in a different stock with a different barrel. I need to get it put back in "hunt" mode with my 18" barrel and my manners stock. It's an origin action if it matters.

I was checking out the lug area and noticed that there's quite a bit of interference on the bottom that concerns me.

My thoughts are to relieve the area that has wear marks on the bottom of the lug area and then bed it with marine tex. It's going to be a pain to get it out of there somewhat evenly but I'll get it done.

Wanted to see if anyone has any thoughts or if there's a better way to do this. The gun shoots pretty good as is but I've yet to see one that bedding didn't help. I think eliminating this interference would only help the situation.

Attachments

• 20240923_191557.jpg
    20240923_191557.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 8

khuber84

WKR
I don't see much evidence of witness marks showing contact at the bottom or recoil lug well myself. Get some molding clay, stuff it into the bottom of recoil lug of mini chassis. Install action, torque in then evaluate. Sometimes it's just the finish. A lil clay impression work can shed a lot of light on clearance questions. Here is what I see as far as a lug witness line, I could be wrong tho.
Screenshot_20240923_204349_Chrome.jpg

OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
I don't see much evidence of witness marks showing contact at the bottom or recoil lug well myself. Get some molding clay, stuff it into the bottom of recoil lug of mini chassis. Install action, torque in then evaluate. Sometimes it's just the finish. A lil clay impression work can shed a lot of light on clearance questions. Here is what I see as far as a lug witness line, I could be wrong tho.
View attachment 768037

Check out the left side of the recoil lug where the black finish has worn off on the bottom and the side. There has been some wear off the back too on each corner.