Manners LRH vs PH

SloppyJ

WKR
Looking at both with a mini chassis for my new short action build. Have never handled either one. Found them both in stock and left handed.

I'm not concerned about the weight difference, I'm mostly concerned with the height of the cheek piece on the PH when mounting a NX8 2.5x20 on a rail.

Anyone have any advice? I prefer the flush pic rail on the PH but just worried ill need more height.

dster3

FNG
I've never handled the Pro Hunter stock, but I have a LRH and a 50mm objective, same as the NF you listed. You could likely get away with 1" to 1.25" rings and be okay. It really comes down to your face and how you line up the gun.

I use 26mm height rings and did not need to adjust the cheek weld. That being said, anytime I get on someone else's gun, I'm usually sitting way too high to get a proper eye relief.

If youre not aware, the cheek piece on the LRH is removeable and you can add or remove the spacers in there. For that reason, I'd recommend the LRH for an adjustable cheek piece. The flush pic section seems cool, but I run a full length arca on my rifle so i'm not too concerned.

1714772230185.png

OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
Thank you for the reply. I looked all over the web and decided to roll the dice. Stock and action showed up today and I'm super pumped with how it turned out.

I do plan on bedding the recoil lug since it's pretty loose in there and I'll probably bed the tang as well. Seems to be some space there too. The bolt handle will need some relief too.

But regardless, I'm super happy with the stock. Scorched earth looks great with the beadblasted origin.

dster3

FNG
I'm running an origin as well - love my manners stocks, have both the TCS and the LRH. I'm sure you'll be very happy with both! What cartridge will you be running?

OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
I'm running an origin as well - love my manners stocks, have both the TCS and the LRH. I'm sure you'll be very happy with both! What cartridge will you be running?
I have an 18" carbon fiber xcaliber on order in 6 creed. Planning on 108s, 105s, or something similar. I picked up dilligent defense wolfhunter that will live on it.

I also found a PVA .223 barrel in the classifieds that I'm going to use to practice with. It comes in tomorrow and that will tide me over until my 6 creed barrel is done. It'll be topped with the 2.5x20 Nx8 that I mentioned earlier.

Only thing left I'm waiting on is my TT Special and some accurate mags.

I'm really digging the NSS bead blasted origin. I was super nervous that I wouldn't like it buy I wanted something a bit different.

1000004340.jpg

Kurts86

WKR
I’d get the PH because I’m barely using any spacers on my LRH.

The LRH cheek piece is the least favorite thing I’ve found on any of my 3 Manners stocks, the back end is sharp and the carbon layup on mine is quite sloppy. The PH is more streamlined and has enough comb height for 50mm scopes and medium rings.

OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
I’d get the PH because I’m barely using any spacers on my LRH.

The LRH cheek piece is the least favorite thing I’ve found on any of my 3 Manners stocks, the back end is sharp and the carbon layup on mine is quite sloppy. The PH is more streamlined and has enough comb height for 50mm scopes and medium rings.
Too late for that, lrh in hand. The layup on my cheek piece was very impressive. With the very compact NX8, i know ill need some cheek height. I do have some decent gaps between the action and the edge of the stock with the mini chassis though. The recoil lug is like a hotdog down a hallway so I will at least have to bed that. Probably do the sides and the tang while I'm at it since there's a gap on the tang between where it sits on the chassis and the stock.

I'm going to shoot it without any epoxy work first to see what it's looking like. At a minimum though I think the lug will get bedded.

The carbon work on mine is impeccable. I was very impressed with that aspect. Not so much the mini chassis though. It might function okay (tbd) but looks a bit sloppy when mounted. If you hold it up to light, you can see it peaking through in multiple areas around the action. If I have to end up bedding the entire stock I won't be the biggest manners fan regardless of how the carbon looks.

Kurts86

WKR
Too late for that, lrh in hand. The layup on my cheek piece was very impressive. With the very compact NX8, i know ill need some cheek height. I do have some decent gaps between the action and the edge of the stock with the mini chassis though. The recoil lug is like a hotdog down a hallway so I will at least have to bed that. Probably do the sides and the tang while I'm at it since there's a gap on the tang between where it sits on the chassis and the stock.

I'm going to shoot it without any epoxy work first to see what it's looking like. At a minimum though I think the lug will get bedded.

The carbon work on mine is impeccable. I was very impressed with that aspect. Not so much the mini chassis though. It might function okay (tbd) but looks a bit sloppy when mounted. If you hold it up to light, you can see it peaking through in multiple areas around the action. If I have to end up bedding the entire stock I won't be the biggest manners fan regardless of how the carbon looks.
The newer Manners stocks like the LRH, PH and MCS-PRS-TCS and last generation mini chassis are cut to be universal fit to any R700 clone and intentionally have low sides to remove some inletting. The idea is they can stock universal fits and cut lead times down which is their historic weakness. There will be more gaps because of the universal fit. This is no different than any chassis fitment.

You can get a tighter cut on an EH1 as they will do a very custom inlet for your specific action, barrel and bottom metal but you will wait a year and may have to do minor fitting.

OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
Gonna see how she shoots first. Just slapped it together. Waiting on some mags and a trigger. I should be ready to roll next week.

1000004351.jpg

OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
Good looking setup. Been thinking about getting a LRH for a while.
Appreciate it. Was worried about the bead blasted finish but I love it. The stock is super nice. Only thing I'll change is a pic rail up front most likely. If you're interested in one, definitely pick one up.

Mine was in-stock here. There's still quite a few left. Lots of right handed models.

KSPony

FNG
Appreciate it. Was worried about the bead blasted finish but I love it. The stock is super nice. Only thing I'll change is a pic rail up front most likely. If you're interested in one, definitely pick one up.

Mine was in-stock here. There's still quite a few left. Lots of right handed models.

Problem for me is I can’t buy off the shelf because I need a longer LOP. Will order one soon in hopes it’s ready by next hunting season.

OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
Problem for me is I can’t buy off the shelf because I need a longer LOP. Will order one soon in hopes it’s ready by next hunting season.
Yeah I hear you. I got a 14" on my last manners and like it. If I had to wait on one, I think I'd look elsewhere. You can get a carbon McMillan with the new hard edge camo paint in around 8 weeks compared to 8mo for a Manners.

Novahunter

Lil-Rokslider
I sprung for the PH to save a few ounces. Mounted my Bushnell LRHS2 in Hawkins high rings, because those were the rings in stock. They are too high, my cheek is coming off the rifle to shoot.

I found some medium sized rings in stock, and plan on re-mounting the scope soon. Pic of the gun/scope mounted in the high rings below.

Attachments

• 20240406_165910.jpg
    20240406_165910.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 14

KSPony

FNG
There are also several scope ring height calculator tools online like the one below if your not sure.

Last edited:
OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
I always take the scope, stack pennies on the rail and use electrical tape to keep the scope attached in order to check. If I like it, I use my calipers to measure the penny stack and do some math to figure out the height I want. That's worked the best for me.