Manitoba Moose 2024

I will be hunting with Lynn Lake Outposts in 2024. Anyone else planing a Manitoba Moose hunt next year?

I will be hunting with Lynn Lake Outposts in 2024. Anyone else planing a Manitoba Moose hunt next year?

I just got back from one this year. Had a great time. The hunting was hard as it was warm at the beginning of the week and windy/stormy the second half. But, I did get an opportunity on the last morning, but ended up flubbing the shot due to poor decision making / setup on my part.
The fishing was amazing.

I am going back in 2026.

OP
T
I just got back from one this year. Had a great time. The hunting was hard as it was warm at the beginning of the week and windy/stormy the second half. But, I did get an opportunity on the last morning, but ended up flubbing the shot due to poor decision making / setup on my part.
The fishing was amazing.

I am going back in 2026.
Sorry to hear you did not get your moose. May I ask what area you hunted and who was your outfitter?

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Being from Manitoba i've never heard of the outfitter. Do you know which lake you will be hunting out of? Also just make yourself aware that the drive from Winnipeg to Lynn Lake will easily take 14hrs as the road past Thompson is unpaved and usually beaten up. Manitoba does have some untouched areas with great moose and fishing

OP
T
The outfitters name is Russell Bettschen and I have been with him before. His father Fred used to own Wolverine Lodge where I used to go fishing, Yes I have made the drive to Lynn Lake before. Won't know until I get there which lake I will be on.

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
The outfitters name is Russell Bettschen and I have been with him before. His father Fred used to own Wolverine Lodge where I used to go fishing, Yes I have made the drive to Lynn Lake before. Won't know until I get there which lake I will be on.
Good luck to you on the hunt! I was just out this fall north of Snow Lake and came back empty handed. Wasn't the best of conditions for calling but that's moose hunting in manitoba.

jjpliska

FNG
Good luck to you on the hunt! I was just out this fall north of Snow Lake and came back empty handed. Wasn't the best of conditions for calling but that's moose hunting in manitoba.
Can I ask who you went with? Have a trip planned this year with Burntwood lake lodge first season. Is this who you went with?

BlaserR93

FNG
Hey All.
I’ll be hunting up out of Churchill this season with my son. Coming from Australia it’s a looong way. Be nice to tag a wolf and black bear but think we’re up too far north for black bears. The fishing should be good
cheers
john.

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Can I ask who you went with? Have a trip planned this year with Burntwood lake lodge first season. Is this who you went with?
It was Burntwood into a DIY camp. Their main lodge is usually very successful

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Hey All.
I’ll be hunting up out of Churchill this season with my son. Coming from Australia it’s a looong way. Be nice to tag a wolf and black bear but think we’re up too far north for black bears. The fishing should be good
cheers
john.
If it's moose country there will be black bears as well. I've seen them caribou hunting on the tundra. Wolf will be much harder

jjpliska

FNG
It was Burntwood into a DIY camp. Their main lodge is usually very successful
Sounds good looking forward to it we are booked for the first week of season. Glad you had a good experience! I believe we are hunting out of the main lodge. Any advice you have or information a guy should know before heading up ? Thanks!

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Sounds good looking forward to it we are booked for the first week of season. Glad you had a good experience! I believe we are hunting out of the main lodge. Any advice you have or information a guy should know before heading up ? Thanks!
Only thing i would say is plan for all weather. Start of the week for us was 75F. End of the week was 21F. I personally live in my waders the entire time as its going to be 90% from a boat. It just keeps you dry if you are fishing or getting in and out. They are a great group and your pilots are extremely friendly

jjpliska

FNG
Only thing i would say is plan for all weather. Start of the week for us was 75F. End of the week was 21F. I personally live in my waders the entire time as its going to be 90% from a boat. It just keeps you dry if you are fishing or getting in and out. They are a great group and your pilots are extremely friendly
Perfect! Thank you so much will update how it went end of September.

Reactions: WMR
OP
T
My hunt draws closer. I have not hunted in Canada for many years. Can anyone tell me the cost of registering my rifle at the border???

WMR

FNG
My hunt draws closer. I have not hunted in Canada for many years. Can anyone tell me the cost of registering my rifle at the border???
It’s $25 Canadian at the border. I think you can import up to 3 non restricted firearms for this fee. Download and print the form from Canada Customs. Fill it out ahead of time but do not sign it. You will sign it at the border station when you check in and pay. As I’m sure you know, no handguns. I’ve never been treated badly by Canadian border officers. Have fun.

Cheesehead

Lil-Rokslider
I went last year with Munroe Lake Lodge and was successful on caribou and moose. New ownership. Great group of guys