Make sure to double check your bow from the pro shop.

arcticpig

FNG
I just wanted to thank everyone for helping me out. Got my boat all dialed and thanks to RAD Archery in South florida. I thought this should be a funny story to some so here goes.

I bought my new bow from a pro shop in Southwest Florida and before I left the shop after buying the bow, he told me it was shooting bullet holes and shooting perfect. Got home and broadheads were going left. Got my own butcher paper and stand and I started shooting and realized it wasn't perfect. Huge nock right. I took it back to him and said it needed shims (Mathews) and he said it doesn't need shims because the tears are not that bad. He proceeded to move my rest over and insane amount. Finally had enough and took it to RAD Archery and he fixed everything including tying a d loop correctly because the guy I took it to first had his own way of tying a d loop. I have zebra cables and a different string because one of the peeps the first guy installed actually cut the bow string somehow so it had to be replaced. Also I found out my arrows were cut two inches longer than they need to be. I could run them only an inch shorter but people here helped me out and ran it through software and 2 inches shorter is best for my draw length draw weight and everything.

Sometimes somebody is very nice and you don't want to believe that they don't know what they're doing but I just want to let anybody new out there double check what's happening to your bow.

I can't wait to get my own bow press that way I can adjust little things and start learning how to work on my own bow. Thanks everybody here for helping. Finally fletched my first 12 arrows cut them to a perfect size. Came out great with the Arizona EZ.

Cubby

WKR
Yeah you can't always trust everyone that says they know how to work on a bow, glad it worked out.

Matt G.

WKR
And this is why I started investing in myself and a bowpress to start doing some of this stuff. Glad it worked out in the end.

Ho5tile1

WKR
Glad it worked out, this is why I now have my own “pro” shop in my man cave. Sick of half as_ work on my bow from a tech who don’t even know what nock sets are who tied my peep in just to get home and 2 shots in the peep flys to another zip code. Plus imo any tech should tell you it’s shooting bullet holes with them shooting it but your mileage may very so we need to tune the bow to you not the tech..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
My shop is pretty good, but not perfect. Something to consider for everyone when they pickup their bows is to shoot it through paper while you're there. Having the guy at the shop shoot the bow and getting a bullet hole is not the same as you shooting it.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
0% chance I’d go to a shop that didn’t have you shoot the bow through paper and spend some time getting it tuned for you.

Shops are such a crap shoot, it’s why I started building my own arrows and doing my own work a few years ago. I move every 12-24 months so I never knew what I was going to get. My last really bad experience was the final straw on learning this stuff for myself. Think it makes you a better archer too if you understand your equipment in detail.

Dylan Sluis

Lil-Rokslider
Can totally relate to this. Got my first bow and the pro shop I brough it to just seemd so weird and did so much wrong from what I knew. I went with it and wish I would have just said what I thought was wrong. Just brought my bow to a different shop yesterday to get custom strings put on and this new shop already seems to do things in a much better way.

Same experience here. I took my bow in for string/cable/tuneup and came home and found half the hardware on the cams were finger loose and the bottom draw stop was completely missing. I am my own pro shop now.

Marshfly

WKR
Literally was cursing a shop last night as I had to drill out the clamp bolt on an Integrate rest that was installed by a shop gorilla on my wife's Mathews Image. Absolute last time I allow them to touch anything but top hats.

I need a press... that's the last piece of my home shop.