Maine Moose lottery

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
I'm in disbelief but @ViperD just hit me up and I drew a cow tag for OC2 = Second October Week (10/28 - 11/2)

Believable, yet I'm in disbelief.

I guess I would have gotten it in the paper mail at some point but I didn't get an email.

I've been telling a different naysayer shooting buddy that "someone has to win" and its true.

Robobiss

Lil-Rokslider
Is it worth it to hold a bear tag while moose hunting?
I’m a resident that hasn’t been drawn in the almost 20 years (with a 4 year hiatus for the Marines where I lost my points because I was stupid) I’ve been applying. These threads hurt 🤣. I’ll be going, most likely, my buddy drew one. But I won’t be behind the gun, I’ll be behind the shotgun shooting birds or trying to find a bear in a cutting.

to answer your question, it can be. I had some friends last year with a cow tag that saw a surprising amount of bears while riding around on the logging roads. Which, in Maine, as long as you exit the vehicle, you can shoot anything from/across/down an unpaved road. So anything you see while riding around is fair game-in fact, that’s how most moose are shot.

Robobiss

Lil-Rokslider
Is it worth it to hold a bear tag while moose hunting?
Do you have half a plan put together for how you’re going to do it? I could definitely make life a lot easier for you if you are a first timer if you want to take it to the PM’s

Edit:in regards to where you are going to camp if you are going to, etc. random questions about the process or area and land use. Stuff like that

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
Do you have half a plan put together for how you’re going to do it? I could definitely make life a lot easier for you if you are a first timer if you want to take it to the PM’s

Edit:in regards to where you are going to camp if you are going to, etc. random questions about the process or area and land use. Stuff like that

I'm still working on 1/2 a plan! I'll take any advice you can give.

MEdude

Lil-Rokslider
I'm still working on 1/2 a plan! I'll take any advice you can give.

I’ve only been on one moose hunt in ME, but I’ve been around the state quite a bit hunting / fishing / camping. What kind of info are you looking for?

I’d be happy to assist as I can.

PM if you wish….