Magview help (Digiscoping Novice)

So I finally got around to mounting my Magview S1 to my Maven CS.1. I'm wondering if I set the eye relief properly.

Here's is what I see through my phone. Note that the image is "cut off" at the top and bottom.
bird_magview.jpg

Also, while the spotter is "usable" with the Magview attached (i.e., just looking through it and not digiscoping), I find myself wanting a little more eye relief. Currently I have the "70" plate installed and I'm wondering if I should bump that up to the 105. Would that solve both my issues?

OP
C
In case anyone stumbles across this thread, for the Maven CS.1A, the 55-56 ring with the 105 spacer works great.

Now I just need to find something interesting to photograph!

cck

FNG
Do you like the Magview on the CS1? Just got the spotter and trying to research which adapter is going to work best for me

OP
C
Do you like the Magview on the CS1? Just got the spotter and trying to research which adapter is going to work best for me

I'm really enjoying the system so far. My CS.1 always felt like it had great (not perfect) optics at 15X that degraded as you zoomed in. With the MagView, I'm able to use my phone's digital zoom in combination with the scope's optics, which gets me some really nice image quality.

Great budget system, but I'm going to find an excuse for a better spotter here one day.

I am currently using an app called "Camera Pro" on my iPhone.
I set it to use the 2x lens and it works great switching back and forth between spotter and binos.

Good luck on your filming jouney. I have been having a blast this season with the MagView system.

cck

FNG
I am currently using an app called "Camera Pro" on my iPhone.
I set it to use the 2x lens and it works great switching back and forth between spotter and binos.

Good luck on your filming jouney. I have been having a blast this season with the MagView system.
Is that an app you have to pay for? What does the app look like?

I am sorry.

The app is actually called "ProCamera".
And the icon is a flag hanging downwards with a blue background.

And it is free.

Reactions: cck