Magview Digiscoping

ridgerunner22

Lil-Rokslider
Phoneskope is still the best when it comes to actual clarity of filming through the spotter, in my case a Leica Televid 82. The magview leaves a gap between the eyepiece of the spotter and the phone camera, allowing light to come in from the side and give glare and ghosting on the video frame. Also it seems the edge to edge clarity is worse than with a phoneskope. The final thing that is annoying is that when/if you spin your spotter to the left or right, the flip out cap now hinders your cap from getting too close to the spotter, so basically you almost have to remove your hat to look through the spotter. And it takes longer to properly attach and align. So if you want a slim phone case and a cover for your spotter then it's a good product. If you want the best image and a quick and easy attachment to the spotter that's perfect every time the Phoneskope wins out.

carbon

FNG
Phoneskope is still the best when it comes to actual clarity of filming through the spotter, in my case a Leica Televid 82. The magview leaves a gap between the eyepiece of the spotter and the phone camera, allowing light to come in from the side and give glare and ghosting on the video frame. Also it seems the edge to edge clarity is worse than with a phoneskope. The final thing that is annoying is that when/if you spin your spotter to the left or right, the flip out cap now hinders your cap from getting too close to the spotter, so basically you almost have to remove your hat to look through the spotter. And it takes longer to properly attach and align. So if you want a slim phone case and a cover for your spotter then it's a good product. If you want the best image and a quick and easy attachment to the spotter that's perfect every time the Phoneskope wins out.
What phone and spotter do you use? (missed that Leica Televid 82 reference) With the phoneskope, could you detail the exact unit? They make universal and spotter-specific models.

Last edited:

carbon

FNG
Also, here are some other questions about the phone skope:
  • If you use the spotter-specific adapter, how does it attach to the scope? Looks like a press fit. Does it ever slip, especially in landscape mode?
  • What is the connection made of? Plastic or metal?
I’m writing up an overview of some better digiscope options here: https://www.rokslide.com/forums/thr...-scope-spotter-attachment.272264/post-2679137

I have bought/used both the Phone Cam (PhoneCam?) and Novagrade Double Gripper. For my purposes the Phone Cam was much superior but there are some issues with it for my application.

Last edited:

bigsky2

Lil-Rokslider
I feel dumb for not being able to figure this out, but can anyone tell me how you take a video with the Magview app? I can only take photos for some reason.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I feel dumb for not being able to figure this out, but can anyone tell me how you take a video with the Magview app? I can only take photos for some reason.
Mine is the same as my phone camera with a finger swap at the bottom.
3183d01548ec40d80dd47e66633ec3b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

manitou1

WKR
I would have bought one on day one if the price was reasonable. I just can't stomach a company selling what probably cost ten bucks to manufacture for 17x that amount.

Baddog

WKR
I would have bought one on day one if the price was reasonable. I just can't stomach a company selling what probably cost ten bucks to manufacture for 17x that amount.
You can pay 40 bucks for a piece of plastic that probably cost $2 made over seas to do basically the same thing….

bparrish

FNG
I dont think the price is that bad, for a quality product. People are paying $300 for a bipod.

Strosfann

FNG
Mine will arrive tomorrow ahead of my ND/MT 10-day trip. If it works as well as advertised it will be $ well spent. Good pics really preserve the memories of a hunt.