Magview B1 vs S1

Kevin0351

FNG
Gents, anyone use both magviews B1 and S1 system?

I have the B1 and for a bino system, works well, but i wish it was a bit of a stronger connection. Does anyone know how strong the magnet is on the S1? I’m just wondering if it’s worth the $169 price.

nobody

WKR
Dad bought one at the expo. The owner demonstrated the magnet strength by connecting his phone to the spotter, then started shaking the spotter and tripod trying to fling the phone. It shifted but didn’t fall. Plenty strong IMO

Lvthntitall

Lil-Rokslider
Bought one as well, along with the Ollin to compare, the MagView is pretty strong but as far as staying exactly where you want it the OlLin is better.

Dgregory

FNG
I’ve got the S1. I like it well enough but it’s kind of a hassle getting the phone camera to line up perfectly with the scope. If I were buying again I’d go a different route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lvthntitall

Lil-Rokslider
I use an otter box on my phone(my phone has a hard life) I really like that I can add the metal plate for the MagView to my otter box and not have to change cases. But the Ollin just makes attaching simple. I am now think about Frankensteining an otter box rubber outer with the Ollin phone piece so I can just change out of the rubber outer on the otter box when I head out to hunt.

pirogue

WKR
Why would the setup be heavier/stronger for the same phone weight on a spotter, compared to binos? Sounds like they knew more magnet weight on center pivoting binos would tilt the binos, or defeat the purpose of “hands off” viewing, by having to tighten them down. Maybe some day we’ll have a good system.