Made It, I'm Retired!

akcabin

Lil-Rokslider
Congratulations !!!!! I retired 2 years ago and have been building our new retirement home. Almost done. Then it's grandkids time !
I will be taking time to bring our 7 year old grandson out moose, spruce hens hunting.
Best part is no phones now watches. Just my time.

I retired from my long term job 12 years ago. Then I worked private industry for three years in management.

Since then I farm and do just enough consulting to support my farm as well as staying current in my focus areas in mining.

I find the toughest commodity is time. As I fight weather and machinery breakdowns, I find I'm scrambling to complete all my tasks before taking Oct- Jan off for hunting. After that I'm back to farming.

Retirement is a nice concept but for me it was an escape from interagency battles and incredibly crappy management.

Weldor

WKR
Right on, you'll be busier now then when you worked. Great part about it is it's at your pace. Enjoy!

AKBorn

WKR
Congratulations!! I retired on Jan 31 of 2020, and highly recommend it. Don't miss work at all, and plenty to do to keep busy.

jzeblaz

WKR
Hey dudes, I've hit retirement! Last day was yesterday. Have lots of plans laid out for things to do in the coming months and years, won't be a couch potato, for sure. Even more hunting planned and will get back into fishing. On the immediate horizon, wife and I will be headed to SW Colorado for 10 days at the end of this month. Can't wait!
Congrats! Enjoy!

GOING ON 6 YEARS HERE FIRST THING I DONE WAS THROW AWAY THE WRIST WATCH THEN THE CALENDAR I NOW LIVE BYE MOON PHASES ANS RUT TABLES. ENJOY