Lumbar Pad

Benjblt

WKR
I'm having trouble getting the lumbar pad on my Kifaru duplex lite to fit perfectly. The padding on it seems too stiff and and thick. It also seems to ride too low on my tailbone but I can't drop the where the hip belt rides. In other words, I can't adjust the lumbar support up independently of the hip belt.

This affects me most with loads over 50 lbs and on flat ground. It puts so much pressure on my back that i waddle when i walk. My back also hurts for days. Any thoughts? Does Kifaru have another lumbar support option? Maybe I just don't know how to fit my pack.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat as you. I'd like to be able to move the lumbar pad down more but it's maxed out and still hits my back too high. I'm curious if other packs have better adjustability.

I only have experience with Seek Outside and they have a ton of adjustability (see this video about captured /uncaptured belts as an example of 1 such possible adjustment).

I don't have experience with Kifaru but I'm sure someone on here could help fit it better for you @Benjblt

I just changed packs this season. I tried both kifaru and stone glacier. I chose SG for the exact issue as OP. You can adjust that pad independently of the hip belt. Also I could “tilt” the shoulder straps to fit me better.