Lucky to be alive! Alaska Elk

OP
WyoArk

WyoArk

FNG
I agree whole heartedly with that statement. I’m glad I did it and walked away. This is a hunt where even the most prepared guys can have unforeseen things happen. We had all the gear and were prepared. That being said, the mountain wins. I won’t be returning for round two!

dtrkyman

WKR
Did you get the bull? Kidding… so glad you got outta there in mostly one piece!

You are a beast as well as your partner!

Good luck healing up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
WyoArk

WyoArk

FNG
I was wondering if they would. What'd they say
They were pretty impressed. They said they haven’t ever seen a pack broken that bad, unless it was hit by a truck.

I broke quite a few buckles and straps. All but one of my frame staves were shattered. They replaced everything that was broken. They also sewed up a couple holes that got tore in my bag.

It’s as good as new, other than the funky smell lol! I’ve had this pack for several years and it’s seen some tough miles. I’ve packed quite a few bulls with this one. I’m glad that they were able to get it back into commission. This is my pack, and I don’t want a new one!

OP
WyoArk

WyoArk

FNG
Miracle. That was your day of blessings camouflaged in misery.
Haha! I wouldn’t have traded my luck that day for a winning power all ticket! I am blessed to still be here. Come rain, hail, or high water…….I’ll be on the mountain in Wyoming chasing a bull Friday. My Leg is getting better everyday, and the arm looks rough….but it’s not that bad.

AKBorn

WKR
Wow. An incredible story, made moreso by the fact that YOU are here to tell it! So glad you are on the mend and that you and your partner made good critical decisions under the utmost pressure

OP
WyoArk

WyoArk

FNG
Thanks man! Cooler heads definitely prevail in those kinds of situations. We didn’t do anything special, we just used common sense for this one.

A freak out on the mountain won’t do anyone any good.

One thing I didn’t mention in story, we both carry very complete first aid kits. We had both bleed stop and a cat 9 tourniquet. The stop bleed was enough for this incident. I think a good cat 9 tourniquet is worth its weight in gold and I highly suggest adding it to anyone’s load out! Best 25-30 bucks you can spend!

Last edited: