LRI or KAmpfeld for a custom Remington 800 build?

6.5x284

WKR
They both do great work. I’d pick the one with the reamer specs I wanted in stock and ready, or the one closest to where I lived if it meant I didn’t have to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mean Remington 700? If so, either will work but my bet is LRI would be more expensive. If you did mean Remington 700, consider a clone action instead of having either of those guys do all the truing to a factory R700 action. Something like an ARC Coup de Grace, Zermatt Origin, or Aero Solus (if you meant 700).

They both do great work. I’d pick the one with the reamer specs I wanted in stock and ready, or the one closest to where I lived if it meant I didn’t have to ship.

This. Karl was great to work with so it’s hard to be negative on him but I wouldn’t get a 284 from him based on conversations with others and his 6 creed reamer at least a while back was a short freebore reamer and factory ammo jammed in the lands.

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
Have used both and like both. Karl is just an all around great guy and does great work. LRI accommodated me when I was on a family vacation out there. They put a new barrel on while we were out for the week. Both shoot extremely well.

Jbuck

FNG
Had LRI build 3 rifles for me, I've heard they are slower turn around now. Last time I had my rifle go down right before I was supposed to leave for a hunt. They got me going and their rifles are extremely accurate.

Screenshot_20231219_140251.jpg

JRS3

Lil-Rokslider
Karl has completed multiple projects for me and his work is excellent.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I only have one Remington 700 which is sort of a custom at this point. LRI did some excellent work on it installing a dual ejector and m16 extractor as well as knocking. Few inches off the barrel and reinstalling the front sight.

They did excellent work and it didn’t take too long. I can’t remember but I think that in the end it cost like 375.00 for the work and return shipping.

Jbuck

FNG
Just to add another testimony for LRI. I have a hunt next weekend so I grabbed my rifle to confirm zero. This was the result. This rifle is 9lbs all up and has a 2.5-10 scope on it so it's not set up to punch paper.

20240728_171213.jpg