LRI Cerakote

gdc23

FNG
Was thinking of sending a rifle to LRI to have the stainless steel barrel Cerakoted. Rifle has a blued Sako l579 action that I would like to leave as, as far E series vs H series I would be interested in opinions on how these compare, they will be applied to a stainless bead blasted barrel. LRI also mentioned there would almost certainly be a burnished mark on the Cerakote finish from reinstalling the barrel on the action. Has anyone had this done and experienced this, if so how bad does the burnished area stand out. Any info is appreciated.
Thank you
gdc

Wapiti1

WKR
The burnished area will look like a piece of semi-dull scotch tape is on the barrel. Same color, but some amount shinier than the base cerakote finish. Not horrible, but you'll see it.

E verse H, I don't have any long term durability feedback. In application, they both go on the same, and look the same when cured. For most firearm applications, I'm not sure you'll see a difference that is meaningful.

Jeremy

LuvDog

FNG
Not to take work away from LRI - I've sent them a few things to work on for me and they've been fantastic.

But for Cerakote and if you're in MA, then these guys have a good rep.