Lowest/lightest mount for Tikka T3 Lite ss?

Villreinjeger

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for sound advice on mounts for my Tikka T3 Lite ss 6,5x55SM.

I´d like a very light, as low as possible, yet sturdy mount 1" to fit either a 2,5-8x36 CDS VXIII or a 2,5-10x42 Swaro Z3 with BT.

Want it to have some legs, so shots within 600m (BT might limit that to 500m, which is perfectly ok). I wanted a relatively light recoiling caliber to shoot it better. God SD on those pills, so will be able to kill at longer ranges as long as the bullets are soft enough.

What mounts would you put on such a rifle?

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I have used the rings that come on the Tikka with great results. I've never weighed them but they are very light.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I would look at Talley lightweight mounts.

Also, the z3 is a fantastic scope! The windage reticle makes a good compliment to the BT.

We used Talley low lightweight mounts when we mounted a 2,5-10x42 Swaro Z3 with BT on my Dad's Tikka T3. It's a great setup.

OP
V

Villreinjeger

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks gays, sounds like I´m at the right track then!

I actually have blued pair of 1" Tikka ring mount, but was hoping for something even lower. I find it hard to mount correctly, as the scope seems to shift as I´m close to get it perfect...

Here in Norway Leupolds are pretty expensive, Z3 too, but the Swarovskis can be had pretty cheap at www.eurooptic.com.
Had a Z3 4-12x50 on a rifle I sold a few years back. Nice scope, but parallax starts to mess things up at 12x.. Better stay with 10x as max on a hunting rifle inside 500-600m?

Last edited:
OP
V

Villreinjeger

Lil-Rokslider
That´s what happens when I try to communicate in some other langugage than my mother-language ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRealGerman