Lowa Renegades vs keen Durand ii

I’m looking for new boots and pretty much narrowed it down to these two choices. Everything I’ve read and advice from some friends that have the lowas points to the lowas being a much better boot. Has anyone had much experience with the Durand 2’s? The few reviews I’ve found were the original Durand’s.
I’ve tried on both he lowas and Durand’s. To me the keens felt way better. I do have an older pair of keen Oregon and although comfortable they were a bit flimsy for me and weren’t waterproof long. The Durand’s felt much stiffer and overall a much better boot than the Oregon’s.
I’m tempted to just go with the Lowas because of their track record but The keens were more comfortable and I can get them a lot cheaper.
What to do??

I dont have any experience with the Renegades, and cant remember what Keens I had. And I want to like the keen's there based in my state and great out of the box.
But in 10 days my toes were almost hanging out if them. No way I could have hunted 30 days on them.

I'd go with the Lowa they may need to be broken in a little but they should be more durable and end up being comfortable .

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I used a pair of Renegades chasing archery elk and scouting and got three seasons out of them. They were comfortable and I liked the boot.

OP
S
I’m also in Oregon and I believe I also have a pair of the targee, however mine are the low and I only use them occasionally. I don’t know how much of a difference it makes with the quality of keens, but I believe the targee are made in China and the Durand are USA.

I’m also in Oregon and I believe I also have a pair of the targee, however mine are the low and I only use them occasionally. I don’t know how much of a difference it makes with the quality of keens, but I believe the targee are made in China and the Durand are USA.

Very possible.
I do know I've seen a ton of positive reviews for the Renegades on here, and nobody really talks about Keen.
Keens are just a glorified sneaker to me, I was using them because I needed something last minute.
The other problem I had with a 6" boots, I got alot of dust in them during archery. Feet were black almost every day.
I like a stiffer boot.

I have a pair of Renegades that ive had for about 3 yrs. They are good boots, but I prefer my Zephyrs much better and I don't think there are any conditions that the Renegade would be a better boot than the Zephyr. I have zero complaints about them, but I would not buy another pair. If I'm going to wear a light flexible boot like that, Itll always be the Zephyr.

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
I've owned both boots. The Renegades should be comfortable out of the box - they aren't the kind of boot that needs a ton of break in. The Durands are similar to the Renegades but clearly not in the same league. I returned them because they ended up not fitting me well. There are plenty of reports online of Keen stitching failing and the soles coming unglued, but that can happen with any sole that isn't stiched to the boot - even premium brands, unfortunately. In my experience, Keen soles do not last long at all compared to Vibram soles on Lowas and even Merrells. My experience with Keen waterproofing has been mixed. They stayed waterproof, but did not breathe as well as Gore-Tex boots.

I think the Durand 2 looks good, but fit is everything. If you like the Durands and they feel better than the other boots you're considering, they aren't a terrible choice if you understand you are not getting premium durability and features.