Lowa Rangers leak

KINGSNAKE

WKR
I have a pair of Lowa Rangers that have leaked since I first got em they are gore tex. WWorst gore tex boot I have owned. Usually danners will last quite a while before leaking. Anyway I like the boot other than the leak part. I'm heading to POW on a deer hunt and I was wondering If I could still use them with gore tex socks and Maybee a better boot wax and not have foot problems on the hunt. Or should I look for another pair of boots. I was considering taking two pairs of boots any ways.

OP
KINGSNAKE

KINGSNAKE

WKR
Got some obenauf's lp. Gonna give it a couple treatments and see how they do this weekend turkey hunting.

bowinhand

WKR
What were the conditions they leaked under? They might have wicked water from your pants. Maybe just exchange them for a new pair before you bother treating them.

OP
KINGSNAKE

KINGSNAKE

WKR
I have had them way too long to exchange them. They leak in wet grass turkey hunting with kenetrek gaiters. Also leak in hard rain while turkey hunting. I got the can Of Obenoughs lp and applied it twice to my Rangers and my double H boots. Seems like good stuff. I think I'm gonna end up buying a new pair of boots this year. It doesn't hurt to have two sets of good boots. I want to try a pair of Tibets but after my leak problem so soon with my Rangers I'm a little gun shy. I thought about a pair of schnees beartooths.

OP
KINGSNAKE

KINGSNAKE

WKR
After two coats of Obenauf's I got a chance to put the boots to the test turkey hunting in wet grass this morning. I had on my Kuiu gators which I love. After a few hours I felt some moisture creeping in. By the end of the morning my toe box was soaked. The moisture stopped at my mid foot. I do like Obenauf's I think it's a good product but it's not gonna waterproof these boots. My question is if I were to buy a pair of Lowa Tibets for my POW deer hunt and they leaked would Lowa stand behind them for any length of time?