Lost my Bear

Might just chalk it up as a loss and go kill another one. Sounds like too much resurfacing grief when trying to track down the first bear.

Taking to the outfitter this Saturday as they will be at the Florida Outdoor Expo. I have a neighbor who is from Maine and may not mind asking some buddies to do a drive by. Looks like the guy had an ex wife and I tried that number and two other numbers. All disconnected.

Called a taxidermist in Newport and he said he know that the person and didn’t seem to think that the person was deceased. They use the same tannery but he didn’t want to give me any more information. Only so much I can do 1400 miles away.
Dude. Tell your outfitter the story and have him drive by. If it was on your way out, it’ll be on his way in, lol
I can’t believe you’ve given up twice now in a few days

Grizz208

FNG
Warden paid a visit. Taxidermist said he was dealing with some personal issues but will finish the bear. Warden states that they will keep tabs to see if/when the bear is finished.

Many thanks goes out to the North Woods Law!
Did they atleast get you a number to call so you can contact the taxidermist yourself?

VernAK

WKR
Suggestion: I have had several hunters visit me over the years and bag a bear they want to mount or rug. I always advise them to send hide to a reputable tannery first and inspect the condition of the tanned hide prior to committing to a taxidermist. This will allow you to evaluate the hide further as there isn't much sense in mounting a poor specimen.