Lost Binos in Wyoming?

lintond

WKR
This popped up on my facebook feed this morning. Thought it was reposting here. Pass the word and hopefully the original owner gets there stuff back.

"FHF Gear

Once again, you guys have helped me realize that the world is not all bad people. 16 years in law enforcement does not make one optimistic about humanity, but working with a group of dedicated hunters really is awesome. This email came in this morning, did anyone lose something? I've redacted a few details because I do know that there are still a significant number of bad people out there!

Hi Paul, I'm reaching out to you in hopes that you may be able to help me return one of your costumers gear that I have found. After some google searches, it turns out to be some pretty expensive gear, which probably means a lot to them. Thus I'm pretty hellbent on finding the owner, and you seem to be my only lead.

So some buddies and I were passing through Jackson Hole, Wyoming last week and we came across an FHF Gear Bino Harness in a parking lot. Inside the bag there was a bottle of Fireless Smoke Puff, a leatherman Skeletool CX, and some Swarovski binocs. The leatherman is engraved.

The bag looks very new and unused. There's no dirt, blood, or wear. This leads me to believe it hasn't been owned for a long time. My best guess is that there is someone who bought the harness from you within this past year, though this could be potentially very vague. Seeing that you are a very specialized company gives me hope otherwise.

Thanks for any help!"

Man I hope the guy gets em back, glad the tool is engraved, will make it easy to really identify who's it is.

I hope the owner can get em back, I left my bino's in the mountains near a friends ranch while out hog hunting a few weeks ago and was heartbroken because I knew I was not going to be able to afford to buy a new pair for quite a while. I was very lucky that my good friend went back out the next day and was able to find them and ship them to me. If I had not had work that next day I would have been out there looking with him. Thats a good friend and there still are good people out there. Hopefully this guy is a rokslide member and sees this!

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I can assist here. do you have a contact that has the gear? I can post this around the web to assist in the search for the owner.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Yep or click on any of the links in my post it shows what I posted

Yeah I cant get to AT from work so couldnt do it on there.

OP
lintond

lintond

WKR
If we get any hits have them contact FHF. Apparently the guy called him because it was a FHF harness.

Hope the they get their stuff back! That's a lot of $$

To the op or anyone, it was mentioned to me on another forum to see if the swaro's serial number was registered with Swarovski for warranty.

OP
lintond

lintond

WKR
The binos apparently have been reunited with their owner. Good work gents!

Now that's what's in talking about. That's what it's all about, hunters helping hunters.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Yeah that was great. Glad hes getting his gear back. That guy had to be just in the gutter over loosing those Binos and other gear. What a drag. Glad hes getting it all back.

boom

WKR
what method of detective work was used to find the owner?

love to hear stories like this..

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
The owner of FHF was the one that recieved the info. In the bag was a knife that was engraved with the persons first name. He went and emailed every customer who ordered the FHF Bino harness within the last year. He got a hit and it was the owner. This was what I understood from the info on the facebook post. We also posted this all over the web but the owner of FHF wasnt sure if it was one of our posts or if it was the email that was seen.