Looking for summer shirt-long sleeve, hoodie, not loose fitting, prefer thumb hole and 1/4 zip-any suggestions?

Carr5vols

WKR
Looking for options for a summer long sleeve shirt with hood, prefer 1/4 zip, and thumb holes. Please send me the options you are aware of…

Jbehredt

WKR
No zip or thumb holes but the orvis drirelease hoodies are awesome in the summer sun. Just picked up another one this afternoon in fact. 4 in the fleet now. Tough to pass on $20 off even if the logo is hideous.

OP
Carr5vols

Carr5vols

WKR
Have either of you tried the bamboo from free fly if so how do they compare to your above options.

The Kuiu Gila checks all those boxes accept the zip. I’ve ran a bunch of hot weather shirts during CA A zone 100+ days and the Gila is my new go to hands down.

Last edited:

Hondo

WKR
The best I have used are the Sitka Core LW Hoody and the Outdoor Research Astroman Hoody. Both feature 1/2 zip, thumb loops and zippered chest pockets.

I’ve been very happy with my firstlite wick stuff. They have all sorts of variations of it including 1/4 zip hood. It’s good by itself in hot weather and is a good base layer for cooler weather. I tried the kuiu Gila but returned it. It immediately felt very cool which was great, but it fit too snug around my shoulders but fine everywhere else and felt very plasticky on my skin, if it fit better I probably would’ve kept it, probably awesome for really hot days.

sargent

WKR
Looking for options for a summer long sleeve shirt with hood, prefer 1/4 zip, and thumb holes. Please send me the options you are aware of…

I have a few that I like:

Sitka core lightweight hoodie: This has thumb loops that help with layering but doesn't cover your hands with material. It also has a long zippered front (maybe 1/2 zip?)

Kuiu ULTRA merino 145: This one has thumbholes that seem to disappear when not in use and a nice deep zipper. The material on the sides has ventilation holes that seem to help me stay cooler when it's hot.

WoolX Base Camp Hoodie: This one doesn't have thumbholes or quarter zip, but it is one of the most comfortable shirts I own, great on it's own for summer or as a base layer in fall and winter.

Bratch

Lil-Rokslider
These have all gotten good reviews on another forum I frequent. The Arcteryx Phasic Sun hoody was the old favorite until it was discontinued.

And the Arcteryx Remige hoody which I still see for women but not a hoody for men listed on their site.

tracker12

WKR
Look at the Simms line. Love there stuff and most of the light weight stuff has thumb holes. Sitka lW hoodie has all your options

huntnful

WKR
Sitka core lightweight hoody. You won't regret it. And if you're a merino guy, the Kuiu 145 Merino base layer. It's just not as durable as the synthetic hoody.